Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 7
Credits: 0

Ok so I have read on here that Cash Transfers Center is illegal in the US. Well I tried telling the lady this on the phone and she says that they only go by the laws of Mila...they don't need to go by the laws of SD. So what is exactly do I need to send her to prove that they do not have a license in SD to lend money. I found the attached link from Dept of Banking in South Dakota, but I don't know if that is good enough.
I originally borrowed $400 - and they want $508 plus $30 for a late fee. I closed my checking account. I am willing to pay back the $400, but if they are illegal I don't want to pay the fees.
Any thoughts??

welcome to the forum.first they are illegal.second they have to obey your state laws.third,of course they will tell you what they told illegal overseas pdl thinks they are above the law.two questions.

1)have you paid back anything at all
2)is your bank account covered

if the answer to #2 is yes,then keep at them.if you are willing to pay what you borrowed,they can accept a MO sent to a physical address or nothing.i would draft a wage assignment revocation letter and give it to your HR person.this place is famous for trying to get wagw assignments.that is revokable.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 05:50

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15512 | Credits: )

I haven't given them anything - yes my bank account is covered when my bank closes an account nothing can come through. I closed the account about a month ago. I will print out that link and fax it to them and tell them I will only pay the $400 and see what they say after that. Thanks for the help.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 05:53

kelliv kelliv

(Posts: 7 | Credits: )

cool,just do the letter revoking any wage assignments.they can and have done that with others.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 06:02

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15512 | Credits: )

I am going to fax this to them and see what happens. Thanks for your help. I will let you know what happens.

Sub: #4 posted on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 06:12

kelliv kelliv

(Posts: 7 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.783 seconds.