Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 101
Credits: 0

I just received a response from one of the PDLs with an offer to settle. Sadly, the otter if for the initial principle amount with no mention of monies already paid in. I'm trying to draft a reply, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Was this an illegal PDL that you only owe the principal balance on? If so, you could reply something along these lines: "Thank you for your offer to consider my account paid in full if I pay the original principal amount borrowed. I will be happy to accept your offer if you apply the payments that I have previously made on this account. Therefore, my remaining balance owed would be xx." (If you have already overpaid, then you would want to state that instead.) Also, you might want to reiterate any information that you previously gave them regarding your state laws and that they are not legally allowed to do business in your state.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 07/31/2008 - 16:00

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

ok cool-thats pretty much what I wrote up. Excellent second opinion ;)

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 07/31/2008 - 17:31

jt jt

(Posts: 101 | Credits: )

Good luck!

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 07/31/2008 - 20:12

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.754 seconds.