Share post
member profile picture

First of all I just want to say thanks so much for this outlet.. I thought I was alone and felt pretty stupid. I have several payday loans out ,in fact I think it is around 8 at this time. I fell into that cycle of getting one to pay another one and at this time I just can not keep afloat.
I chose to close my checking account today after reading many post. I have been in contact with most of my loans but there are a few that just will not give me contact info.
Does anyone know how to reach Northway lenders and instantcash usa?
also what can I expect to happen in the next few months in regards to these loans? Will I be contacted when they are unable to get thier money? will they work with me in regards to payment options? They will not just go ahead and garnish my wages will they without trying to reach me? Maine has no laws with pdl.
Any help,advice anyone can give me would help me so much thanks

Most pdls will work with you, some will try and intimidate you. what do you mean "Maine has no laws with pdl." are they not legal? if they are not licensed the loan is not valid and you will owe nothing! I found this out on this site! it is a sanity saver. good luck

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 10:08

jnmteal4 jnmteal4

(Posts: 53 | Credits: )

Maine lets the PDL charge wahtever they want- they have no laws regarding how much they charge and how much you are allowed to borrow. I tried to work with instantcashusa but all i got was a email for the manager named Mike. They stated they are unabe to let customers talk with the manager it is the policy.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 10:11


Maine requires internet based pdl's to be licensed by your state.

Maine State Information

Legal Status: Prohibited - Permitted for supervised lenders

Maine's UCCC applies. 9-A Me.Rev.Stat.Ann. 2-401. Supervised Lenders are exempt from 32 M.R.S.A. 6138(4)(D) which prohibits a check casher from cashing or advancing any money on a postdated check.

Small Loan Rate Cap
30% per year on amounts up to $2,000 or a fee of $5 for amounts financed up to $75; $15 for amounts financed $75.01-$249; or $25 for amounts financed of $250 or more.

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: Maine Office of Consumer Credit Regulation
Address: Department of Professional and Financial Regulation, 35 State House Station Augusta ME 04333
Phone: (207) 624-8527
Fax: (207) 582-7699
Regulatory Contact: William N. Lund Director

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 10:15

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

Thanks for that information... very helpful!

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 10:18

tgreene11184 tgreene11184

(Posts: 1 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.708 seconds.