Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 0

I have defaulted on a plain green loan in Ohio. A collector is now handling the debt (National Check Resolution) and I set up a payment plan to repay the debt. Are plain green loans illegal in Ohio? My payments are $236 for the next two years but the loan was for $1,000. Is there anything I can do? They threatened to have me served and was harassing an old boss of mine from a previous job. Are they allowed to do that? They told her I was involved in a fraud case but I haven’t ignored any of their phone calls. Anything helps!

Check out these threads, you'll get your answers: urcompany.html html

They can't do any harm to you. Tell the collection agent that you are not going to pay a single dollar more, just pay them the principal amount.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 08/09/2018 - 07:44

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

As per FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) they can't harass other people about debt. If they're doing so, you can file a complaint against them that they're violating FDCPA.
In case of an illegal loan, you should pay only the principal amount and not a penny extra.
So, don't pay heed. They can't get any judgment against you.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 08/09/2018 - 22:09

Ryan Miller Ryan Miller

(Posts: 249 | Credits: )

No, they can't harass you for a debt. File a complaint against them. Is it a payday loan? if yes, then just pay the principal amount.

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 08/10/2018 - 01:58

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

I have worked with them and it has been a disastrous experience. Just like you, they threatened to sue me. I paid them $1200 more than the principal amount. Still, they didn't let me live in peace. I have sent them several letters. But they have not given a reply yet.

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 08/11/2018 - 02:17

Nick Jonas Nick Jonas

(Posts: 425 | Credits: )

Thank you! How do I go about filing a complaint?

Sub: #5 posted on Sun, 08/12/2018 - 18:42


(Posts: 2 | Credits: )

You can file a complaint with the CFPB online or by calling (855) 411-CFPB (2372). You can also contact your state's attorney general. You can also sue the debt collector for violations of the FDCPA.

Sub: #6 posted on Mon, 08/13/2018 - 00:39

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

Consumers can file a complaint whenever they have been the victim of fraud, identity theft, or other unfair or deceptive business practices. You can complain online, or by calling the FTC's Consumer Response Center at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).

Sub: #7 posted on Fri, 08/17/2018 - 04:44

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.230 seconds.