Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

Can I take legal step to recover extra amount paid on illegal pdl?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

Can I take legal step to recover extra amount paid on illegal pdl? Actually I have paid more on a pdl which I have found ou is not legal in my state. What should I do now?

Yes. You can take that step. You can take legal actions to recover the extra amount paid on an illegal payday loan. Usually, illegal payday loan companies try to avoid giving a refund. So, you should try your best to get a refund by exploring all the legal options. You can also report the State Attorney General.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 06/24/2020 - 02:54

David Martin David Martin

(Posts: 388 | Credits: )

Think before taking legal action. Will it offset the fees you need to pay to an attorney? From next time be careful. It is best to avoid taking out pdls. Try other options to manage sudden expenses.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 06/25/2020 - 03:49

Good Nelly Good Nelly
Industry Expert
(Posts: 2825 | Credits: )

You can ask for the extra money you have paid. BUt, fetting money from an illegal company can be very difficult. But you should try.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 03:54

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

Hi Chelsea!
You can file a complaint to your State Attorney's office but you know what? It's quite tough to recover the extra amount that you have paid to the illegal payday lenders.
From the next time, please make sure that you are opting for a legal payday lender!

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 07/01/2020 - 07:14

Craigh.terry Craigh.terry

(Posts: 273 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.279 seconds.