Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

Response from STCADVANCE- I am not going to win this one.

member profile picture
Posts: 91
Credits: 0

Now they say I owe them $474 dollars and when I contacted the Division of Financial & Professional Regulation, they say there is probably nothing that can be done to fight this because they are out of the country. I am thinking about offering them some sort of settlement- I am in such a bind.

This has all been addressed previously. We will be more than happy to assist with any new, unrelated enquiry, but any more repetetive messages on this matter will be noted and closed withour response. To clarify for the FINAL time, as a non-US company with no US presence, your State and Federal laws do not apply. You approached us for a loan, and accepted the terms as offered. You are obligated to meet those terms. It is your responsibility to retain a copy of the agreement, as you were CLEARLY advised to do during the loan application process. The enquiry has now been addressed on multiple occasions and is now closed. Regards, Customer Services

i wouldn't take that frame of mind.they are out of the country,therefore they can't do anything but threaten by phone and email.just don't respond to there emails or calls.i wouldn't let them win.they lent money illegaly and therefore are lucky to get anything not give in to this illegal idiot company.

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 13:59

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15512 | Credits: )

I agree. If they are operating illegally, what recourse do they really have? Have you already paid the principal amount back that you borrowed?

Sub: #2 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 14:16

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

Already, I have paid $444. Now they want me to pay another $274 and I guess they will consider it closed. I feel they owe me. I don't know if I am strong enough to fight

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 14:18

kcooks3973 kcooks3973

(Posts: 91 | Credits: )

How much did you originally borrow?

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 14:20

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

There are some phone number for STCadvance listed in this thread: e-number.html

Sub: #5 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 14:25

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

Have you closed your bank account? I did a search on this site, and it sounds like nobody has had any success at dealing with them, and they will keep debiting your bank account forever. If you've closed your account, I would definitely NOT give them your new information.

You can do a search on this site and read a lot of information about them. I didn't read it all, but the only contact information I could find was what I listed in my post above. Sometimes if you contact someone different, you will get a different response, but in this case, it doesn't appear so.

Even if you pay them what they say you owe them, I'm not sure if they would really leave you alone . . .

Sub: #6 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 14:38

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

If they are operating illegally and not in the US - I would not worry about them and not pay them another dime - if you have already paid the prinicple amount that you borrowed - then morally you are done. If you closed your bank account like alias1958 mentioned - I would ignore their calls or even possibly change your phone number and e-mail address - what is the worst thing they can do to you threaten you? So what - stick to your guns and don't pay another cent. Good luck~

Sub: #7 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 17:44

ksando44 ksando44

(Posts: 67 | Credits: )

So they are saying that US laws don't apply to them, but they apply to you?? Oh no. Two can play at that game. Do not pay them a cent, close your bank account and move on. You have paid them every penny that you owe them. What can they do to you? Tell a judge, "oh yes, we are operating illegally, but we still want to collect?" Don't think so....

Sub: #8 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 18:21

kscornell kscornell
(Posts: 4409 | Credits: )

kcooks. . .if you feel you must contact them try sending all your correspondence, and theirs to this address. . .

Fax: +1.4256960234

PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
Bellevue, WA 98007

Sub: #9 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 19:01

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: )


I too am dealing with them and refuse to pay them another dime. They won't listen and are ILLAGAL in the U.S. And, you do not fall under the laws of a loan out of the U.S. If you overpaid more than the principle just keep responding and be done. They haven't even tried to contact me, I just keep sending them letters. You have WON, they can't do anything to you to take you to court.

Sub: #10 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 09:00

julie_1972 julie_1972

(Posts: 42 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.675 seconds.