Skip to main content
index page

Spot Loan- collection agency

Submitted by jhat1736 on Mon, 03/17/2014 - 14:03
Credits:
[Donate]

I have a Spot Loan that is past due, I tried to make payment arrangements on it but missed one of those payments. Original loan was $800, I had paid it down to $630 (principal, of course). I just got a call from Dalton Management collection agency saying that they own the debt now and I owe $1800!!! I contacted Spot Loan because I thought my payment arrangement was still in place, and it was just to pay the original $800. I was told it has been sold, but he gave me the phone number and name of the agency they sold it to, and that is different than the agency that called me. Could two different collectors have the same loan? I'm not going to deal with them, I just don't know why I got conflicting information. I guess I send them both cease and desist?

I would send both a C&D - send them CMRRR, Spot loan is a illegal loan. Your payment terms should have been what works for you not them to repay principal - so their loss that they turned over to collection.

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Tue, 03/18/2014 - 03:30

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )

i always advise paying back the principle,or any portion thereof owed.however you pay what you can when you can meaning you are in control believe it or not and don't let the illegal lender dictate dick.as helpinaz advised get he c&d letters out asap.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 03/18/2014 - 05:29

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )