Skip to main content
index page

Seven Years Later and They Still Call

Submitted by Frogpatch on Tue, 06/10/2014 - 07:25
Credits:
[Donate]

Every month or so I get a message about someone coming to serve me a my home or job. They say that if there are any guns or dogs additional charges will be filed. It is important that I call the plaintiff. Another one asks if I know the whereabouts of a defendant name of me to call a number. Don't these lowlife dumpster divers ever give up? I just ignore them. No one calls my land line except them and telemarketers who hang up. I never ever answer my land line.

Not sure if they ever give up I still get calls also. I do exactly what you do ignore and go about my life. Definitely have better things to do than listen to their garbage!

Submitted by bingonut on Tue, 06/10/2014 - 09:16

bingonut

( Posts: 1428 | Credits: )

this and a couple of other topics get the same.btw i still get calls from humanoid trash.i just ignore at this point.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 06/11/2014 - 05:41

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I constantly get calls on my cell phone and at work. It's so frustrating, every time a new receptionist starts I have to tell them to intercept the call

Submitted by eeyorelover79 on Thu, 08/21/2014 - 07:58

eeyorelover79

( Posts: 84 | Credits: )

I do too. If for some reason I wind up speaking to them I tell them that they must show proof they have a business license in my state. Since they never can, they get hung up on!

Submitted by kscornell on Thu, 06/19/2014 - 10:59

kscornell

( Posts: 4407 | Credits: )

I have a land line and the only calls I get are hang ups, collection threats from bottom feeders and telemarketers. I never answer my land line because nothing important ever comes there except for the people from Obama Care that just hang up and never leave a message. I traced the number that's how I know its them. Everyone else has my cell phone number.

Submitted by Frogpatch on Fri, 06/20/2014 - 05:07

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

See, as an office manager/receptionist, ^^that^^ is pretty bogus.

I have had to have stern talks with several of the people in my company telling them that it is NOT my job to get harassed on their behalf. Ignoring them when they call your personal numbers is fine, but when they are harassing OTHER people in their attempts to reach you, its' time to deal with them... if only to make it abundantly clear that you have no intention of paying them anything, ever.

By refusing to address the problem, and instead making it the receptionist's job to constantly (your own word) field these calls for you, you are basically harassing your receptionists by proxy.

Not OK.

Submitted by msmotr on Thu, 08/28/2014 - 11:00

msmotr

( Posts: 61 | Credits: )

I still get periodic calls as well, every 6-12 months. But I go ahead and talk to them, for 2 reasons:
1 - I've found that if I don't, they are more likely to keep blowing up my phone for a couple of weeks trying to reach me, and will occasionally pester and annoy my parents... whereas if I speak to them, after one conversation they are so desperate to get off the phone with me that they cease all efforts pretty much immediately.
2 - I kind of enjoy talking to them, because I know they can't do anything to me... so I play games with them to see how long I can keep them on the phone (my record is 24 minutes). Sometimes, if they hang up in the middle of a story, I'll call back at the contact number I was given in the initial voicemail and simply pick up the story where I left off.

I figure that every minute that they are on the phone with me is a minute that they are NOT harassing some poor soul who doesn't know that their scare tactics are illegal and bogus.

Submitted by msmotr on Wed, 08/13/2014 - 21:41

msmotr

( Posts: 61 | Credits: )