Skip to main content
index page

First online loan...found out they are illegal

Submitted by MissJaney on Sat, 08/02/2014 - 11:50
[Donate]

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from South Carolina and recently took out a emergency loan with Target Cash Now. This was the first time I'd ever done something like this but I need to get my car repaired.

Last night on my local news they did a report on illegal online loans and I found out this loan is illegal in SC.

I have made two payments already to Target Cash Now. I know I have to pay the principal back but how do I make sure they don't take any more out of my bank account.

I have read some of the other topics and I'm confused as to what my first step(s).

Can someone please point me in the right direction as this is all new to me.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Janey

Follow the directions below in my signature line on how to deal with step by step.. The first thing you want to do is secure your bank account - the best way is to close down the old and open a new one not linked in any way to the old - if you have deposits you need to move - put the old one on deposit only status - tell your bank that you have been a victim of fraud..
Then you will want to revoke the lenders ACH authorizations and cancel any possible wage assignments that you may have signed.. steps are included in the link.. Once you have letter drafted - you can send straight to them via their own website - via email.. by just cutting and pasting your letter in to the comments..
How much did you originally borrow? How much have you already paid in total with the 2 payments you have already made? You will only be responsible for that amount - and at terms you can live with - you will want to pay by money order or prepay card only - don't give them access to your account again..

If you have any other questions feel free to ask - if you need an example of the letter from one we have sent let me know - I can cut and paste to here.. and they you will just change to meet SC guide lines..

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Sun, 08/03/2014 - 14:14

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )

then you owe 120.00,and don't let them bs you.that is all you owe.

Submitted by paulmergel on Mon, 08/04/2014 - 07:51

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

And you spell out the terms on how you repay the $120.. also you don't pay them anything until they agree to your terms.. Let us know if you need any other assistance..

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Mon, 08/04/2014 - 14:59

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )