Skip to main content
index page

Advice on disputing CashCall on Credit Report

Submitted by asprs2002 on Wed, 08/06/2014 - 11:12
Credits:
[Donate]

Dear all:
Like many posters in this forum, I am fighting to get my CashCall entry removed from CRA (Thanks God it only appeared on Experian, not on Equifax and TransUnion) without success. I tried repeated attempts, including all the recent ruling on FTC vs Payday Financial, CFPB complaint, settlements of NY State & WesternSky etc. They keep coming back claiming that they have "investigated this information & the credit grantor has verified its accuracy", keep repeating the same, tired line of asking me to contact the credit grantor directly (CashCall), and refuse to do anything.

At the end of the letter they simply stated "Unless you send us relevant information to support your claim, we will not investigate this information again and you will not receive this notice again regarding this particular dispute". It means that all ruling/court paper invloving FTC, CFPB, and doesn't states are not relevant information, and they don't bother looking at that!

I know it will be a long, difficult fight and will need persistent effort. But I wonder is there any "smarter" way to deal with them if they choose to ignore all legal documents? I certainly will continue to send them information but how to beat them in their own game?

Keep finger cross that the pending CFPB complaint can have favorable outcome, and I am aware that a few of us has successfully have it removed, so what kind of tactic should I employ? Thanks for your advice!

Have not had loans with WS so nothing from Cash Call. Suggest you look for member named Mom of Three and look at her posts on how she dealt with them. If I am not mistaken, she has had success. Good luck to you!

Submitted by bingonut on Thu, 08/07/2014 - 09:37

bingonut

( Posts: 1428 | Credits: )