Skip to main content
index page

Clear Lake Holdings dba as MultiLoan Source LLC

Submitted by Kristen on Fri, 10/17/2014 - 13:27
Credits:
[Donate]

Pretty sure this is a tribal company, trying to find out if they are legal in Texas?

If you tell them your account has been compromised they should be able to place your account on deposit only status for you and you dictate which charges are allowed to come through .. in the mean time you can open a new account not linked to the other in any way - and move all to the new and then close the old one.. You will want to speak to a bank manager not just a teller... let them know you were defrauded by an illegal company that is refusing to stop debiting your account and that you have revoked their ACH authorizations, you will want to do in writing and provide copy to bank - once all is secure send to MLS - this can be done from their own customer service link on their website via email. that way you have a record of doing.. And the link below in my signature has examples of what it should say if you can't find let me know and I can post an example here. ..

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Wed, 10/22/2014 - 06:52

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )

These appear to be two different companies - when you Google them:
Clear Lake Holdings L C
15815 Sylvan Lake Drive
Houston, TX 77062
Categorized under Public Utility Holding Companies. Our records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in Texas. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 130000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.
&
MultiLoanSource.com Contact Info
Find full contact info for MultiLoanSource.com MultiLoanSource.net incl. mailing address, business name, fax and phone numbers.

Their website is operated by AALM Consulting Services, Ltd. located in Belize City.

Which would make Multiloan Source illegal due to being an offshore company not licensed to do business in TX, check with Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
Licensing Requirements:
Online lenders must be licensed in Texas.
Notes:
Lender may be regulated as a credit service organization (CSO). Generally, a CSO does not need to be licensed so there is no limit to the maximum loan or finance charge.

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Sat, 10/18/2014 - 05:47

HelpinAZ

I also have a loan with MLS for $250 and have paid $300. I do not want them to take anymore money from me as I have already paid above the principal amount of the loan. I reside in NC where they are illegal anyway. I want to stop payment from the company but I've noticed that they debit my account under MLS and under MultiLoanSource. The banks says I need to do two stop payment because they debit under 2 different names and the bank wants to charge $30 for each stop payment!!! I'm afraid to said the company a letter before I stop payment for fear they will immediately debit the entire amount. I don't want to close my account because I have several direct deposits and debits that are made with this account. Any advise would be of value. Thank you.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/20/2014 - 13:26

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

The only real way to stop them is to secure that account - I would open a new one not linked to the old in any way - You are removing their ACH authorization not stopping payment.. Who do you bank with?- I would put the old account on Deposit only status and tell them which debts you are authorizing and then move all to the new account. Tell them your account has been compromised.. Follow the steps in my link below in my signature on how to deal with - these people are an illegal off shore lender - and they have compromised your account period - and if you already paid them $300 on a $250 loan technically they owe you a refund of $50.00 - but they should quickly settle on giving you a paid in full once you have your bank account secure from them... Do not send letters prior to making sure account is secure - you are right in thinking they will try to debit how ever and they will also try different names which is why the stop payments will not stop them.

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Mon, 10/20/2014 - 17:25

HelpinAZ

I bank with Bank of America. Are they able to just use my existing bank account for deposits only?

Submitted by on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 06:39

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )