Skip to main content
index page

Post PDL shady calls

Submitted by ameoba23 on Wed, 10/22/2014 - 11:51
Credits:
[Donate]

On January 24th, 2013, I posted a "Thank You- Mission Accomplished" post here giving props to this community for providing me with the tools I needed to resolve the 13 simultaneous PDLs I had. At the time of that post, I had credited this forum with saving me about $3,500 (it actually became quite closer to $4,000)...

Fast forward to Late-2014. I am still PDL free, however I get a call about once a week or two from "Process Servers", or "Fraud Investigators" looking to speak with me. I don't take these calls anymore, and here's why...

The first time it happened, I knew that the particular PDL they were calling about I had not paid (No response during the letter phase of the process), so I paid them in full (using a prepaid debit card). About two months later, I get another call from a different company, and when I asked for a debt validation letter, they refused, but they did provide me with the account number of the 'debt' they were calling about...

Turns out the account number was the same one as the one I had paid two months prior. The girl was actually very nice and promised I would never hear from them again (I was willing to fax PIF letters, but they didn't want them). Another month goes by, and the calls started again, different company, same account number. Since then, I no longer take the calls.

Now, I just check the local court records website about once a week or two, and if there's nothing there, then theres no need to worry. They can take me to court. I will countersue with FDCPA violations using the words spoken on the voicemail(s).

Here's what I found..
*They always call from a NY number (Buffalo area)
*They always violate the FDCPA using words like Fraud investigators, Process Servers, Plantiff, Ligitation, Incarceration
*Process servers rarely/never call first
*They sometimes spoof their phone number (FDCPA violation. Blocking a # is not)
*The company they call from usually doesn't have a website or its poorly made.
*They are not aware of wage garnishment laws in your state

Not asking for help here, just letting you guys know what to expect..