Skip to main content
index page

Western Sky / Cash Call Dance

Submitted by JeremieG on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 09:09
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello forums,

Let me first start by saying how grateful I am for this site existing as the information I have found has been very helpful.

Like others I took out a loan from Western Sky and got bounced between Cash Call and Delbert Services. To date I have paid them around $5,000 over the principal I borrowed. I began getting suspicious when I could no longer get to the Delbert Services page to find out my account balance.

That's when I found this forum, I have followed the steps to secure my bank account and sent an ACH Revocation / Refund request letter per this site.

My question is now they are calling me from different numbers multiple times a day. I refuse to answer and am blocking each new number as they come up.

I have however given thought to changing my cell number to put an end to it. Do I have any other recourse to try to stop the calls? I too have gotten the e-mail from Lynette asking how they can help me with my loan. I just responded with "everything is detailed in this notice" and re-attached my ACH Revocation letter.

Thanks in Advance!

Jeremie

i really doubt that will happen because western sky two,or three years ago disavowed any knowledge of these loans so cash call/delbert know these are not legal loans,and at least 20 states have legal action against both parties.they will only send emails meant to insult you.the only monies they are getting are from people who don't know better.you are not one of them.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 03/05/2015 - 10:21

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

If they happen to send me anything in writing threatening collections would I respond with a Debt Validation letter via the mail?

Thanks again!

Submitted by JeremieG on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 10:44

JeremieG

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

sometimes the extreme needs to be done.if you explain to your provider the situation they will change it for free the first time.as for lynette ignore her.a lot of people have gotten those emails.all she wants to do is lie,and threaten you.keep resending those emails and laugh as they are a joke.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 09:22

paulmergel

I should also mention that I am a resident of the State of Ohio, which Western Sky nor Cash Call is not licensed in.

Submitted by JeremieG on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 09:20

JeremieG

that is their delusional idiotic response.first off again western sky is no more,and there is nothing in the original agreement about them passing the loan to these losers so at this point ignore anything further from them as it is not worth your time.i would google your states DFI to see if ohio is one of the many states taking action against cash call.then if they are let them know about your situation.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 03/19/2015 - 11:26

paulmergel

To anyone who stumbles across this, I got tired of the barrage of phone calls so I filed complaints with both my state AG and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Cash Call responded with their usual line "borrower agreed to our terms, tribal sovereignty" yada yada yada. I disputed with the ORC text clearly stating any loan made to a resident of the state oh Ohio must follow state laws, regardless of what the loan contract states otherwise.

I have yet to hear from the Ohio AG on my complaint. But hopefully these bottom dwellers get the hint if enough people report them.

Submitted by JeremieG on Thu, 03/19/2015 - 10:54

JeremieG