Skip to main content
index page

Success Story Tribal PDL in Texas - THANK YOU

Submitted by FixItInTexas on Wed, 05/13/2015 - 09:52
[Donate]

In the middle of a PDL NIGHTMARE. Reading and following instructions here, I have knocked one out in less than 24 hours.

Lender: Sierra Financial dba Sierra Lending

They have been KILLING me with finance charges on a $400 loan. Of which I have overpaid approximately 3 times. I emailed them one of the sample letters in this forum stating I need them to provide me with proof of their license in Texas, stating laws in Texas, revoking ACH, requesting a refund and only allowing contact via letter/email.

Less than 24 hours later, I have received a cease and desist email from them and a paid in full confirmation.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

My only regret is not seeking the help of this forum sooner.

Glad you are heading in the right direction. Just keep up the good work. It does get easier!!

Submitted by bingonut on Mon, 05/18/2015 - 07:22

bingonut

( Posts: 1428 | Credits: )

I hope this is a judgment free zone. Lol! FYI, I have closed my account and moving to another bank. Everything is in good standing for now but things will hit the proverbial fan once payday comes tomorrow. I'm not trying to dodge owed debts and really want to avoid wrecking my credit further.

Speedy Cash - took out $800. Have paid ~$1500. As I understand, I will have to pay these guys. Just waiting for their collections to start contacting me before I set up arrangements. I contacted them to request an Extended Payment Plan per Consumer Financial Services Association (CFSA) of America Best Practices. They are a member and are supposed to offer them at the customer's request. Supposedly, the payment plan stops the interest payments and you are supposed to just pay principle spread over a minimum 4 payments. But they told me I was ineligible because I live in Texas. CFSA says you can file a complaint if a member organization doesn't give you a payment plan, so I probably will do so.

SpotLoan - Took out $400. Have paid $1007.25. Sent them the same letter that I sent Sierra. Have not heard anything just yet.

CashNetUSA aka Advance America - $200 principle. Only rolled it over once. I will pay this in full next week.

Check into Cash - $200 principle. Only rolled over twice, I think. Will pay in full next week.

Rise - $800 principle. Have paid $884.53. Account is still in good standing. Have removed ACH info simply by calling them (supposedly). Will continue to try to pay this off, I guess. 4 payments left.

Ace Cash Express - Installment loan of $1300. Have paid $1213.68. Also requested an Extended Payment Plan with them and they told me I was ineligible because I live in Texas. They are also a CFSA member so I may file a complaint against them too. Waiting to hear from their collections to see what arrangements I can make. I need to send them the ACH revocation now..instead of typing. Lol!

Again, thanks to this forum and the help and hope you give to people like me who end up in this trap. What began as just a little help here and there using these loans has turned into a NIGHTMARE for me. But I have already taken the first lap around the road to recovery thanks to this forum.

I will definitely come back and update once things start going to collections.

Submitted by FixItInTexas on Thu, 05/14/2015 - 13:31

FixItInTexas

( Posts: | Credits: )