Skip to main content
index page

Rushmore financial and Crestwood Capital

Submitted by Tina Barber on Tue, 11/13/2018 - 09:32
Credits:
[Donate]

I thought Rushmore Financial was a tribal loan? I am now being hounded by Crestwood capital for collections who are telling me they are filing a civil suit for payment. Loaned $500. Working on payments on my time. They are telling me I owe $930. Does anyone have any information on either company?

Rushmore Financial is owned and operated by FSST Financial Services, LLC, dba Rushmore Financial, a tribal lending entity wholly owned by the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, a federally recognized Indian tribe that operates and makes loans within the Tribe's reservation. All loans are subject exclusively to the laws and jurisdiction of the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe. Carefully review the Terms and Conditions for more details.

Read this extract carefully. Got this from their official website. So, you're right. They are a tribal lender. You should pay back only $500. You can't be sued for a tribal loan. The collection agency will make false threats just to recover money.

Submitted by David Martin on Wed, 11/14/2018 - 01:59

David Martin

( Posts: 394 | Credits: 3933 )

And that is exactly what I thought and was placed in my letter to them back in May. I never received a copy of the contract, never applied on their website, but they called me and sent an offer. I asked Crestwood if they had a copy of the contract and he claimed he did. He said it is legal and binding because the finance charges are within federal guidelines. With interest, I apparently owe $1k, but they will settle for $700. I told him I will not be settling and paying over what was borrowed and asked him to email me a copy of the contract he was reading from. He put me on hold twice...then the “manager” came on the phone talking about civil law suit is filed for non-payment and technically they cannot accept anything less than $800 and they are willing to accept two payments. I told him I had no idea who he even was and was not about to send money so asked for proof and copy of the contract.

I had forgotten about this loan but then remembered after looking through my email. I borrowed $500 and yet the “contract” he sent me says I borrowed $700. Nice try...I’m slowly getting caught up from cancer bills and medications. I just wanted to make sure they were in fact illegal.

Submitted by Tina Barber on Wed, 11/14/2018 - 16:11

Tina Barber

( Posts: 17 | Credits: )