Skip to main content
index page

Need Help!! Cash Jar threating with Summons

Submitted by on Tue, 07/20/2010 - 06:45
Credits:
[Donate]

I received a call yesterday from a person named Louis Friedman regarding a threat to serve me a summons. I called back and he informed me this was regarding Cash Jar and the arbitration clause in the contact. He want on to say that they are suing me for $1500.
I explained this was an unlicensed lender. Loan amount was $600 and I paid a total of $1117.50. My last payment was back in Feb 2010, which is when I closed my checking account. The number he called from was 585-672-6066 which is in Rochester New York. He stated Cash Jar is a client of his. The Company Mr. Friedman works for is called Barron and Friedman / United International Consulting Group. I'm really worried and dont know what to do. Mr. Friedman stated he could lower the amount to $300 to settle out of court and removing the pending lawsuit against me. Since I don't want to be sued I had agreed to pay the $300 by July 30th with a pre-paid debit card. I need to call in in a few hours with the card number. He will then be emailing me documentation of everything we spoke about and a copy of the contact that I would need to sign and fax to the court house. Has anyone ever heard of them? Also since Cash Jar is illegal can they still sue me due to the arbitration clause in the contract? Need help/advise fast!!!

I just received a call from cashjar representative of a law firm stating that I am going to be summoned and charged with felony check fraud. Back in November I took out a loan for 225.00 and culdnot pay it back because of deep personal ssues, My mistake of course but now I owe 950.00 in court fees or 250.00 out of court. They said they will summons me and take me to court and I will have to pay well over 1,000 $. He will serve me sometime today or tomorrow because they just got the claim on her desk this morning and put me on the list. I live in MI, and I am kinda worried. She said she can handle it if I pay 250.00 by this friday with a debit card or prepaid card to hold the court papers to make payments for balance of 950 or 350.00 to pay off and close account. I dont have the money as of this week and no1 to borrow from. I am in school and can I really get a felony on me, it will truly mess up my school, for what I am going for and what should I do? What will they do?????

Submitted by on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 11:56

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I dont know if they are legal here and I am willing if I must to arrange something with them but today is too short of notice to do anything. They threatened to charge me with felony check fraud and summons me at my home today but If I can arrange some financial means with a debit card today she can hold them off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I received a call yesterday from a person named Louis Friedman regarding a threat to serve me a summons. I called back and he informed me this was regarding Cash Jar and the arbitration clause in the contact. He want on to say that they are suing me for $1500.
I explained this was an unlicensed lender. Loan amount was $600 and I paid a total of $1117.50. My last payment was back in Feb 2010, which is when I closed my checking account. The number he called from was 585-672-6066 which is in Rochester New York. He stated Cash Jar is a client of his. The Company Mr. Friedman works for is called Barron and Friedman / United International Consulting Group. I'm really worried and dont know what to do. Mr. Friedman stated he could lower the amount to $300 to settle out of court and removing the pending lawsuit against me. Since I don't want to be sued I had agreed to pay the $300 by July 30th with a pre-paid debit card. I need to call in in a few hours with the card number. He will then be emailing me documentation of everything we spoke about and a copy of the contact that I would need to sign and fax to the court house. Has anyone ever heard of them? Also since Cash Jar is illegal can they still sue me due to the arbitration clause in the contract? Need help/advise fast!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 12:42

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )