Skip to main content
index page

Now dealing with "collections"

Submitted by on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 20:48
Credits:
[Donate]

These people are ruthless! I have sent all necessary letters to the PDL companies and am now doing some sitting and waiting. However, I had a loan with Gateway Holdings for $300 and have recently been contacted by their collection department, ECG. These people never tried to contact me first. They called my ex husband's parents! I have no idea how they got their number, other than looking for anyone with the same last name. They explained to them that they were looking for me to serve me papers, blah blah blah. I was mortified! I have also had a similar experience with United, who are collecting on a loan for Huskhawk. They are claiming I owe $925 for a $250 loan. How do you handle these people? I want to pay the principle but I'm scared to even contact them. United has already called my work, and left every detail of the situation on our main office voice mail! 

Gateway Holdings is an illegal lender. You owe principal only. Don’t pay the CA an extra dime other than the principal. At first ask the CA to validate the debt in writing. If they give you a valid proof, then send back them the principal. Don’t worry, they can’t do anything. If required file a complaint against them to the SAG or FTC.

Submitted by on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 22:53

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )