Skip to main content
index page

Cash Store and Wisconsin Chapter 128

Submitted by Anne G on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 10:00
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello from Wisconsin! I am currently getting ready to file my second WI Chapter 128. It is an amortization of debt unique to our state. I found myself stuck in a cycle of loans (again) when I had a very hefty IRS bill last year. It seems that I borrowed from one, then the other, etc just to stay afloat.

I am perfectly comfortable with the Chapter 128 filing, except for one place - The Cash Store. Has anyone included them in their Chapter 128, and were they difficult to deal with? I will not be able to make my payment next week, and it will not go through. Any thoughts? A Chapter 128 keeps the company from garnishing your wages, but they could still actually sue and get a judgement. They just have to accept the payment from the Chapter 128 plan. Any experiences out there with this?

Hey there,

I would suggest you go online and find reviews about The Cash Store. I believe you will find the perfect picture of what they'll do to your repayment plan :)

You know what...CHAPTER 128 is actually beneficial for people who don't want to file bankruptcy. I believe you're one of those people too :) It's very good to pay off your debts through a Chapter 128. The best thing is when you successfully complete your repayment plan within 36 months, you'll get the order from the Court and that you can use to clean up your credit report.

Go for it! and best of luck :)

Submitted by Barbara Delinsky on Fri, 04/21/2017 - 05:11

Barbara Delinsky

( Posts: 433 | Credits: )

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, Chapter 128 is not a bankruptcy, you pay all of your debts in full with no interest over a 3 year period. I borrowed $1500, have paid $900, and balance is $1950. Crazy! What I am wondering is, how they acted during a chapter 128. They can still try to take you to court even with a Chapter 128, but they can't garnish your wages. I don't want a judgement on my credit report, so what I am wondering is, has anyone included Cash Store in a Chapter 128, and how did it go?

Submitted by Anne G on Fri, 04/21/2017 - 07:18

Anne G

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )

Bankruptcy is not the ultimate solution. Remember, it can majorly drop your credit score.

Since you didn't mention how much you have paid till date, it is not possible to say how intense your situation is.

better, consider a credit counseling session to get te best solution.

Submitted by Sanders Patricia on Fri, 04/21/2017 - 05:38

Sanders Patricia

( Posts: 1241 | Credits: )

Sanderspatricia - Anne G is right. Bankruptcy and Chapter 128 is different.

Cash Store is legal in WI. No idea regarding how they act in Chapter 128. Wait and see what other forum members have to say.

Submitted by ditchdebt on Sun, 04/23/2017 - 21:56

ditchdebt

( Posts: 675 | Credits: )

Anyone have Cottonwood financial fax number? Revoking ACH by certified mail, but I want to fax it today as well

Submitted by Anne G on Mon, 04/24/2017 - 12:38

Anne G

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )