Skip to main content
index page

1-800-642-6806 - Anyone recognize this telephone number?

Submitted by tippy1959 on Fri, 08/25/2006 - 10:40
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello,

Anyone recognize this telephone number? I call it back but it only plays music, as if I am on hold (it doesn't even ring)...Thanks for your help! Blessings, tippy

The Affiliated Group
theaffiliatedgroup(dot)com

316 First Avenue Southwest
Rochester, Minnesota 55902-3314
Phone: 1-800-223-0290
Fax: 1-800-628-3645
E-mail: info(at)theaffiliatedgroup.com

I received a call from (507) 280-7011 which was dropped as soon as I answered. I was curious as to who it was and called back. Turns out I had a bill that was sent to collections. They will ask for your phone number because that's the unique key used to pull up your record. I was given 1-800-642-6806 as a number to call if I had any questions.

The companies they collect for are:
SmartEnergy, Inc.
Border Foods
City of Minneapolis
Capital Family Physicians
Xcel Energy
Herff Jones, Inc.
Alliant Energy
Memorial Health

Submitted by on Thu, 06/21/2007 - 09:20

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just want to say thank you to all of you who have posted this blog. it was very helpful. this company was calling me at work, but i never called them back because i knew the 1800 number meant trouble. ha ha ha thanks a lot!!

Submitted by on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 21:04

This is a collection agency. I usually do not answer the phone if the caller is not identified or if I do not recognize the caller but after several days of getting these calls I did answer only to find they were trying to collect a medical bill for a person with the same first name as my husband,
a pretty common name). My husband passed away 9 years ago and all his medical blls were paid. No way this could have been his. My son has the same name as his father and he had gotten a call from them too. They must go through the directories in every city and pick the name or one similiar and begin calling. If you have an outstanding bill you might want to talk with them - or - even if you don't maybe you can get them off your back by taking the call. In my case the middle name was not the same as that of my husband,

Submitted by on Sat, 08/16/2008 - 11:07

I called this number back, asked who it was. They didn't gave me any information on who they were, they just told me who they were looking for. They were kinda rude about it, so I told them I couldn't help them. They told me they were going to take my name off the list. Then I looked up the number and found out who it was. I'm so glad to know that I avoided the collection agency.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/07/2008 - 16:55

Hey ya I just got that number calling my bf phone and he isnt here right now...so I was like can i help you and they wouldnt tell me much just said it was important...I tried doing reverse look up couldnt find anything till now...thanks all

Submitted by on Tue, 11/03/2009 - 08:24

It is a collection agency for many companies. All collection agencies are rude, no matter what or who's privacy they are trying to protect. Otherwise, they would out of a job too and wouldn't be able to pay their bills either. What goes around comes around.

Submitted by on Sat, 02/27/2010 - 06:02

If they call and call and call, and you never answer, can they eventually just hit your credit report for a chargeoff? WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT THE RIGHT PERSON, and you just didn't like being harrassed all the time?
I guess it IS BEST TO ANSWER, AND DEAL WITH IT, cuz now I have to deal with straightening out my credit. UUUGGGGHHHHH!

Submitted by on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 07:53

This company has a lot of different phone numbers they use to call you with. Thankfully, my phone has an option to send specific telephone numbers straight to voicemail. Every time they call with a different number, they get added to the contact that sends them straight to voicemail. I've got 12 numbers so far.

The interesting thing is, it's important enough for them to harass you by calling from numerous different telephone numbers, but it isn't important enough for them to leave a message on voicemail. This tells me that it really isn't important to pay them.

Besides all of this, I may owe someone something, but I'll only pay the original person I owed the money to. I don't owe any debt collectors.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 18:33

It's against the law for any company calling you to collect money to leave a voicemail becasue they have no way of knowing who will hear it and that makes it a privacy issue. that's why they continuously call rather than leaving a message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
This company has a lot of different phone numbers they use to call you with. Thankfully, my phone has an option to send specific telephone numbers straight to voicemail. Every time they call with a different number, they get added to the contact that sends them straight to voicemail. I've got 12 numbers so far.
The interesting thing is, it's important enough for them to harass you by calling from numerous different telephone numbers, but it isn't important enough for them to leave a message on voicemail. This tells me that it really isn't important to pay them.
Besides all of this, I may owe someone something, but I'll only pay the original person I owed the money to. I don't owe any debt collectors.

Submitted by on Sun, 09/19/2010 - 13:53

The quickest way of getting them to stop calling, is answer the phone and tell them you just filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. By law they can no longer continue calling you
Of course this will only work temporarily but will give u time to either pay said bill, or change your number!

Submitted by on Thu, 04/21/2011 - 17:40

it is a catholic crook collection agency that runs scams chnage your phone number.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 16:36

800-642-6806

Vulture debt collector using illegal collection tactics.
Deal ONLY with the original creditor, NEVER with these crooks.

Their Better Business Bureau BBB record says it all:

Customer Complaints SummaryRead complaint details
19 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Billing / Collection Issues 19
Advertising / Sales Issues 0
Problems with Product / Service 0
Delivery Issues 0
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 19
Caller: Affiliated Group Inc.
Call Type: Debt Collector

Submitted by on Fri, 06/15/2012 - 10:15

Sleazy collection agency. Trying to collect a false debt past the point of collection. Debt was a disputed medical charge, very old charges that the medical insurance refused because the medical procedure never happened. Rather than do the right thing and remove the disputed charge from teh billing, the medical facility sent it directly to this sleazy collection agency. Crooked people collecting for crooked billing practices. Will be recording all future calls from these creeps, if I bother to answer the call. Have the paper trail that proves it was a disputed and false billing. Like I stated, sleazey collection agency.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/14/2012 - 13:12