Skip to main content
index page

I slept in a wrong position.

Submitted by anthony on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 10:02
Credits:
[Donate]

Last night, there was a small get together in the house next to mine. The music volume was very loud and I was very tired. I wanted to sleep peacefully, but didn't want to disturb them in their party also. So, I pulled all the pillows over my head and put cotton buds inside my ears.

Today morning, I woke up with a twisted neck. I can't turn my neck towards the right. I am crying badly in pain. No massage or hot bag is doing anything good. I visited a doctor and he has given me some medicines. I can't take this pain presently. What should I do?
:cry:

What you have is the proverbial "stiff neck"...the muscles on one side of your neck have remained in a contracted position for too long a time, and are now painful.
If the medicine prescribed is not working, for whatever reason, you MUST call your physician and let them know! You may need something like a muscle relaxer.

Submitted by erzeke1 on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 11:52

erzeke1

( Posts: 1145 | Credits: )

Thanks Mikey, thanks erzeke1 for your concern and lovely advice.

Quote:

Only time having a neck like yours would be pleasant, is in a fraudulent car wreck case

:cry: what have I done, god!! I am in so much pain now.

Quote:
You may need something like a muscle relaxer

erz, I didn't have this in my mind. Doctor gave me some painkillers. Muscle relaxer really sounds good to me. I am going to purchase this spray.

thanks erz, you gave me some hope. I feel a bit better

Submitted by anthony on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 12:14

anthony

( Posts: 456 | Credits: )

Anthony, I get this a lot, due to back and neck problems...

Try some Icy Hot (the patches work very well, and don't smell so minty) or some Aspercreme. It will help to dull the pain.

It will probably hurt for about 3 days. :( That's the average that mine bugs me. It sucks, I know..But it's temporary. :)

Currently my back is bugging me, so we can be in pain together. :)

Submitted by Jessi on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 13:36

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

Thanks guys, everyone sounds so caring. I am touched with your concerns.

Over here, still no improvement in my neck. Actually, turning my neck towards the right seems to be the toughest thing for me in this planet now. I tried to sleep for a while because the medicines have some tendency of drowsiness, heck! this pain is not letting me live life.

Jessi, I can think about how painful your back will be. You just can't do anything right with such painful body parts. It's a bad day to begin with and god knows, how long it will last.

Fins, I feel like amputating my neck. It's hurting and I am struggling while I am writing this. It's only that my eyes are dry now. I went to a physio, he applied some radiation and told me to come again tomorrow. I have to take a course on that also. But I have to suffer with this pain now.

Ari, chiropractor will kill me. He will swing my neck and I will be dead forever.. lol

Submitted by anthony on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 15:01

anthony

Anthony-so sorry to hear about your neck, I suffer from this about every 6-8 weeks. Had a bad car wreck years ago,messed up my neck and back,now have arthritis in it.The speciallist told me to alternate heat and cold to get the blood flowing to the muscles and gave me anti-inflamatory and muscle relaxer-said the combination of the two would help-and it does. It does take a while,but doing all of that helps ease the pain. I also use heat patches for the neck,too. Hope u feel better soon!...Karen :D

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 21:14

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

Anthony, Try the therma care wrap. Then alternate with ice. It is muscle strain most likely just like Road Warrior said. I sure know how you feel. I had major back surgery in Decemeber05. At times it still bothers me a lot. Hope you feel better. KYSIDE38

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Thu, 09/14/2006 - 18:29

KYSIDE38

( Posts: 2477 | Credits: )

Ouch but whenever you don't feel the need to take those pain killers anymore you can send them my way. I have 2 pinched nerves in my back one in my shoulder or right by spine whichever it is it causes my brain to litterally malfunction the muscles in my eyes get all screwy and I have to shake my head real hard to get them to working again. The other is my siatic or however you spell it. That one usually stays numb for the most part and when it does start getting the feeling back it always seems to be after i relax real good. Hope you are feeling better

Submitted by on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 15:22

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Thanks for all your prayers, guys. I had gone through so much in the past few days. But anyways, I am well now. Good wishes worked.

The doctor advised me to be hospitalized for a few days. He put me on traction with all the therapies running along. No movement, nothing. I can't describe the painful moments that I had gone through. But anyways, this is what was supposed to happen. It was in destiny and nothing can stop it. I have been discharged from the hospital and doctors advised me to be on rest for few days. I will be back soon. Thanks for all your concerns. I am touched.

Submitted by anthony on Wed, 09/20/2006 - 08:30

anthony

YAY! I'm glad you're doing better Anthony. I'm sore myself right now..

Ok, so I'm cheap...And our roof needed to be coated...And I refuse to hire someone to do it for me, because I'm capable of doing it myself..So I got up there tuesday and wednesday and took care of it..Now I'm pooped and sore..:) But not too bad.

Submitted by Jessi on Thu, 09/21/2006 - 16:08

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

Jessi, I hope you are doing better than me. I am feeling a lot better now. Maybe, I was at rest and it has put me in better shape. I keep turning my neck to the left and right just to feel perfect. I have already sent my leave application to my employer, so hopefully he will arrange something for me. He is a caring person, indeed. He called when I was at the hospital. Unexpected things come all of a sudden. I never thought something like this will happen in just a week's time. Thanks everyone for being in touch.

Submitted by anthony on Sat, 09/23/2006 - 12:07

anthony

I surely will. thanks kscornell. You know, it's natural to feel like a child when you are in pain. Some words and a tender touch by someone sitting by your side can heal the pain faster than the medicines. Since I have stayed alone all these days, I do feel lonely at times. But I am doing well now.

Karen, my boss is a good person. He really understands the needs of his staff. I won't say that he accepts all the requests put by everyone, but he is professional and makes decisions strategically, not on tactical basis.

Submitted by anthony on Sat, 09/23/2006 - 12:55

anthony

im haveing the same problems exactly the same so i came to look for online help and my mom keeps telling me i got to push my neck to the right slwoly and it will help i can look straigh if i have my right shoulder down and my head about 80 degreese to the left ive tried muscle relaxers and their not doing a thing! im glad im not the only one who has had these problems :'(

Submitted by on Fri, 01/15/2010 - 21:30

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )