Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Pub, feedback and announcements forums

I am divorced and my exhusband got the house. He d

member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 0

I am divorced and my exhusband got the house. He does make the payment,but it is still in my name too. I don't know how to go about getting it removed. I have asked him to try to refinance it, but no luck with that. What should I do?

Do you live in a community property state? If yes, then you liable to pay off the debt incurred during your marriage. So, I would request you can ask your lender to modify the terms of the mortgage. This may help you pay off your dues. If you don't live in a community property state, then I would suggest you to consult a lawyer. He/she can guide you about the process to remove your name from the property. As long as your name is in the property, lender may come after you for the payments.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 03/11/2011 - 21:56


More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.652 seconds.