Skip to main content
index page

do not understand Vikas please explain

Submitted by on Fri, 09/04/2009 - 07:19
Credits:
[Donate]

vikas
I am at a loss as to why there has to be constant put downs in the various threads. It seems as if only people who agree with members and Mods get any answers. anyone who disagrees is called names and told to get off the boards. If this is an open forum , then all opinions and all offers of help should be welcome.
There is no need for name calling, hurtful remarks etc. It just makes this board look so uninviting to newbies.
I know that this will probably get deleted, and I will be called a shill, a troll, a clown or some other name, but hey , I tried.

this person won't call me by name.they have a personal axe to grind.sorry,but it is usually the unregistered that name call,and yes if someone pushes their agenda down our throats,or wants to belittle.btw.this poster tried to claim that my using the term morons to describe the US NATIONAL BANK people in india was racist.take that for what it's worth.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 09/04/2009 - 07:25

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

honestly i have never heard any put downs for honest questions or comments from anyone on this forum. the only time things get nasty is when it seems to us that someone is trying to advertise or take advantage of anyone that is in need of real help. If you want to really help why not be a member? why be anyonomus? there are so many more benifits to being a member than to not. I for one personally would not trust someone that is not a member that other members do not know. once you become a active member usually the others will realize what your true intentions are after some posts and they will either welcome you or throw you out if you dont have honest intentions. I think this is a asset to the community and most people that visit the forums would or should welcome this for its there to protect them.

Submitted by love_my_things on Sat, 09/05/2009 - 09:53

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

I love my things
You wrote that you would NOT TRUST someone who is not a member.
Wow, I thought that this was an open forum. Are you saying only members deserve respect, and only members can voice their opinion.
Think back to when you were new, scared and embarrassed

Submitted by on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 04:19

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

i am not saying only members deserve respect. what i am saying is that members who have been around for awhile most people know thier intentions. anyone is more than welcome to voice thier opinion here but solicitation, harrassment, and spam are real issues in this forum that is not kindly accepted here and most people that have been around for about a month or so can see that a mile away.

yes there was a time were i came here scared and embarrest. BUT when i got here i realized alot of people were in the same boat if not worse than me. i came to realize that moderators even the ruthless ones were more educated and informative than a guest user. These are people that are vulnerable and preyin apon them is not tolerated.

besides, even as a member as soaplady mentions know one knows who you are unless you allow that information out. so i just dont see what the big deal is about.

Submitted by love_my_things on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 05:51

love_my_things

i agree, i registered the day i found this site.. to be honest i assumed i had to because that's how all sites work. but when i was new everyone still treated me with respect and was very helpful.
i have had guests make rude comments to me, which i do not really mind but i will say something smart back to them. i do not believe in flaming troll posts but it is not right for people to be harrassed because they have problems paying bills or because debt collectors sometimes use illegal tactics, and that is often the opinions of unregistered guests.
i have seen some unregistered members give very helpful responses but this is not always the case.

Submitted by bea2ls on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 05:58

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

i too have seen some helpful information from guest users but frankly mostly abusive behavior or spamming. I couldnt tell you how many times i have heard of "just pay your bills" yea like we never thought of that or something. like people dont want to pay thier bills. i honestly feel everyone should have to register

Submitted by love_my_things on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 06:01

love_my_things

To the OP,

It is quiet hard to trust anyone who posts anonymously. I myself have deleted and questioned random postings from unregistered guests for it seemed they were here to stir trouble. I am not saying all guests posts are invalid, however majority of them have seemed to cause more harm than good. And that is what WE as moderators will not stand for. If we let everything slide then it would be a junk froum rather than an informative one.

My opinion is, if one has a valid point and question then it will be addressed most surely. However if one's intentions are to cause confrontation then WE will label it as a TROLL post. And be delt with accordingly.

[quote]
In [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang"]Internet slang[/URL], a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum"]online discussion forum[/URL], [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chat_room"]chat room[/URL] or [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog"]blog[/URL], with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-PCMAG_def-0"][COLOR=#0000ff][1][/COLOR][/URL] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-1"][COLOR=#0000ff][2][/COLOR][/URL][/quote]

Submitted by Cool_Abyss on Thu, 09/10/2009 - 07:05

Cool_Abyss

( Posts: 2936 | Credits: )