Skip to main content
index page

Do you get bummed being here sometimes?

Submitted by love_my_things on Mon, 10/26/2009 - 11:01
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi all! sorry its been awhile again. my phone service was out for 3 WEEKS! and as some of you know i have dial up service so that means no internet for me! But in all honesty i had a hard time comming back. Frankly i think that i needed a break from the forum.

Dont get me wrong, i LOVE this site and not only do i get to help others i get to help myself by becoming more knowledgeable about debt, and it always makes me feel better seeing that my little debt could be so much worse. This site is such a asset to the people, and so full of knowledge that i would recommend it to anyone and everyone that i know no matter what thier financial situation is. There is so much to learn and so much that people should know that they just dont. Im learning everyday that i spend here something new or something that i was unaware of.

But on the other hand i feel myself getting into a funk sometimes when i have spent way too much time here, were i start to get bummed. I feel terrible about some peoples situations and sometimes even my own like it will never end. Its like once your in they (credit card companies) own you forever. I mean you cant do anything anymore without having one. you need it to build credit, to rent a car, for some retailers, its like your stuck in a never ending vicious cycle never to get out.

Does anyone else get this way?

I honestly don't believe that a person can't get by without having credit, society has been programmed to think that way. Credit was the downfall of this country and I've decided I'm not going to allow it to be the downfall of me. I'll not allow debts to monopolize my life anymore, I have better things to do and very little time to do it! I don't mean to sound preachy, it's just a decision I have made for myself.

I agree that taking a break from this forum is a good idea sometimes.

Submitted by Shazzers on Mon, 10/26/2009 - 11:10

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

i frankly have a very low amount of debt at this time but i still just feel like im scraping my way out. I know i am so much better off than i was 5 years ago and absolutely will not EVER go back to to it. Im looking forward to the day when i have NO debt. just utilities. It just seems so far away sometimes!

I know alot of times my passion gets away from me here, so sometimes i just need some time to take a breather and regroup. This time it was thanks to my phone company but im glad to be back now and refreshed!

Submitted by love_my_things on Mon, 10/26/2009 - 11:14

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by love_my_things
But on the other hand i feel myself getting into a funk sometimes when i have spent way too much time here, were i start to get bummed...

Does anyone else get this way?

I'm exactly the opposite. I like helping people. And I really enjoy kicking a$$ and taking names among the bottomfeeders out there in collectionland. I find that a few hours spent working with folks here can be quite the pick-me-up.

Submitted by unclewulf on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 15:55

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

see i do too, and it always makes me feel good about being a part of this forum and making a difference. but every now and then i need to regroup and come back fresh. I think alot of my problem is that its a reminder of the constant struggles i have been through and were i need to be, and how much further i still need to go. But that is only once in awhile for the most part i love being a active member here making a difference!

Submitted by love_my_things on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 07:45

love_my_things

Quote:

Originally Posted by love_my_things
I think alot of my problem is that its a reminder of the constant struggles i have been through and were i need to be, and how much further i still need to go.

Here are a couple of possibly novel viewpoints about the work I (we all) do in this community.....

Working with the people who come here for help is the price we pay, for the help we got when we were new.

I came here initially because a pinhead collector was driving me to distraction over a SEVEN DOLLAR medical copay that wasn't mine. The wise heads here took me in hand, and helped me straighten things out. That got me started reading and learning. Later, when it came time to bitch-slap LVNV, Resurgent, and MRS Associates for pestering my wife, those folks were right by my side. Gods, but it felt good! For that, and because it's the right thing to do, I donate ten or twenty hours a week to this community.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Early on, I wound up dealing with three of the nastiest CAs around. I've been through the lies, the rudeness, the attempts at intimidation, and all the rest of it. Now that that's all in the past, it warms my heart to make those collectors' lives as thankless, complicated, and miserable as I can. And the best way for me to accomplish that is by working with the folks here.

Submitted by unclewulf on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 15:37

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

LOL good point. I know that as strange as it may seem i have seemed to have made some friends here that tend to support me when things go bad, listen to me rant when things are not so good in my life, and give some great advise. I like being on the other end when someone else needs my help and either my story or my ear can make a difference. All in all i love this site. the service it provides is priceless i only wish i found it when i was recieving those horrible threatning collection calls! god knows i had enough of them i could have sued discover card alone for harrassment and wouldnt have had to ever worry about the debt! I believe they were the worst when it came to abusive calling. I love a little revenge too!LOl our own little personal payback!

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 10/29/2009 - 05:04

love_my_things

I know same here. i worry about the remaining balance being sold, (scince i did settlement) heck i dont even have the reciepts anymore for them. I worry about 1 account that dissappeared comming back to haunt me, but i believe the statute of limitations are now expired but i never recieved a 1099 on it.

I really did not take care of business the way i should have now as i read on and learn, i worry about it biting me in the butt later!

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 10/29/2009 - 11:26

love_my_things

sometimes that happens to me, i have a debt that was never validated that comes out of the woodwork every so often (always to dissapear after i request validation) sometimes that scares me when i read certain stories. but i know if they do take me to court, etc. i have the tools here to handle it.

Submitted by bea2ls on Fri, 10/30/2009 - 06:18

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )