Skip to main content
index page

Bann from forum without knowledge- not paid my earned money

Submitted by on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 09:53
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi All,

This is big scam.I think forum is unable to pay me my earned 10$ so banned me.

This is big scam.Yesterday one seniour member appriciated me and today i got message of banning.

What is this?
This is simply scam.Do not work here.
Thanks,

Sunil

i would assume you have done something pretty bad to break the rules according to dcc. because i really havent heard of them banning someone for absolutely no reason other than they dont want to pay you. And it is not a scam its a greait site full of useful information and it provides a great service for the people who needs it most.

Submitted by love_my_things on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 11:11

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

This website has given me back my sanity AND my sense of humor. Back in July I was in financial disaster due to PDL loans and now I have only one I'm trying to work with. My car payment, insurance, mortgage, utilities are now up to date. and I've settled one credit card so far.

I don't know what your problem with this site is, perhaps a misunderstanding, but this website has given me my life back.

Thanks to everyone here, and welcome to all new members who come here seeking financial help and sanity.

Submitted by aubrey on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 11:36

aubrey

( Posts: 1203 | Credits: )

Something doesn't sound right with that. I cashed out my $10 once and had no problem doing so.

I glanced over your older posts and it looks like you ask a lot of questions not relevant to the posting, or just write small non-informative posts.

It really comes off looking like you are just posting as much as you possibly can to earn credits. I think (and I could be wrong here) that the point of offering the ability to cash out credits was to reward people who post genuinely helpful comments, or who post questions they really need an answer too.

Maybe you were banned for abusing that? Have you tried asking a moderator?

Submitted by anc526 on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 11:41

anc526

( Posts: 192 | Credits: )

Aubrey~ That was just my best guess. I could be wrong. I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster. But that's just my observation.

Tribal~ I didn't come here to make money either. I would post my Q and A's if there were no credits at all. However, I won't deny cashing out my credits from time to time. Every little bit helps. $10 could be $10 more towards my phone bill. I definitely don't try to make money by posting. My husband has a legitimate job that supports us.

Submitted by anc526 on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 13:54

anc526

( Posts: 192 | Credits: )

well.let me shed some light here.

1)they basically broke alot of rules to get that 1,000 points in almost record time.
2)they were warned repeatedly about that.
3)jason removed alot of the material
4)alot of they posted besides the cut and pastes from other sites was utter nonsense and off topic.

as far as the 10.00 goes.i'm just guessing here,but alot of members know that there are two ways to cash out.via paypal,or a check.this more than likely did not go over too well with sunil.that's a shame.somebody actually tried to use this forum to make a quick$$$.too bad the material payoff isn't near the payoff for those who really need help.i hope sunil learned something from this.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 14:13

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Along the lines of what ron said, moderators and administrators here discussed the situation amongst ourselves, and determined that the poster/posts in question were abusing the point system without any meaningful contribution to this site or forums. It was also evident that many of the posts were being copied/pasted from other websites.

The purpose of the point/reward system is to act as a small incentive and token of appreciation for those that stick around to share their knowledge and help others. It is not meant to be abused, or to unjustly enrich oneself at DCC's expense.

The point system here is actually not a very economical way to supplement one's income. Points are calculated based on a posts overall length: a one-liner might get a point or two, where a full-page reply might get 20 points. Suppose you can post a one-liner every two minutes: that's 30 posts you might be able to do in an hour (X 2 points per post) = 60 points, or 60 cents. Does is really make sense to work for 60 cents an hour? If you're here just for the money, you're better off looking for change on the street.

Not that I'm trying to dis-sway people from posting.... because over time it will add up. Regular posters can find find themselves with some extra spending money toward the end of the month, or for bills, etc. Personally, in the 3 years I've been posting here, I've never cashed a single point in.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 17:05

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil
Hi All,

This is big scam.I think forum is unable to pay me my earned 10$ so banned me.

This is big scam.Yesterday one seniour member appriciated me and today i got message of banning.

What is this?
This is simply scam.Do not work here.
Thanks,

Sunil

Evenin' Sunil -

I'd like to 'splain something to you. Just in case your momma never got around to teaching you right from wrong. It's been explained to you before by other moderators here, but you apparently don't get the message. So let me shine a little light on it for you.

One (just one!) of the things you did, that you were repeatedly warned about, was copying material from other websites and posting it here as your own original work. For the record, that's called plagiarism. It's also known as copyright infringement, and it's a Federal crime. Don't believe me? Try reading 17 USC ?? 506 (a) (1) (A). You can get in all manner of very serious trouble for this, and they'll take your lousy ten bucks, too.

Tell ya what. You want your ten bucks? Fine. I'll send you ten bucks out of my own, personal, pocket in tomorrow's mail. And I'll also send archive copies of every one of your infringing posts here to the administrators of the sites you ripped off, along with a link to this thread and your personal contact information. How much defense attorney do you think that ten-spot will buy you?

Very cordially yours -

Uncle Wulf
DCC moderator.

Submitted by unclewulf on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 17:45

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

Points also serve another purpose too--

from time to time, someone on the forum has come forth with a real need in their lives. Or, unfortunately, sometimes a forum member has a tragedy happen in their life. Many people have donated points to help other members. Of course, you are not under any obligation to do this, but in the past I have seen it only solidify further the community feel of this forum. Those of us who are here for legitimate reasons tend to make friends on this forum, and friends back each other up.

sunil, since I do believe youre not done poking around this place, know this--you were asked to knock it off. Then you were warned, more than once. You ignored all of the above. Dont come in here now, crying and whining like youre some sort of victim. Since it is obvious that you had no real motive for being here that is relevant to what we do here, I can only assume that you work for one of the debt collectors that we expose on this site daily. And if you do, and you need money this badly, I have some free advice for you. MAKE A CHOICE--either.....

1--tell your debt-collector pit-boss to pay you more than 2 bucks an hour, OR--

2-learn to say "would you like fries with that?" At least then, you'll be up to minimum wage!

Submitted by skydivr7673 on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 17:54

skydivr7673

( Posts: 2036 | Credits: )

Well Sunil, I think the other members have already made the point to you clear enough and adding anything to it would be redundant but I couldn't stop myself from addressing few more issues.

First off, you might have seen the thread where the payment snapshots have been posted and none has ever contradicted it, which implies that all those snapshots were legit.

Secondly, what do you mean by 'do not work here'. I'm sure that you were not hired by the admin to post here. No one post here as a job. We have other engagements. Now, if it has been your only source of income, I'd suggest you to reconsider your options.

Last but most importantly, there is no free money in the world. There is no obligation on the site admin's part to pay you for whatever you post. IMO they can stop payment to a member if he/she doesn't follow the guidelines and it seems that you have violated those several times.

Hope it would knock some sense in you and you wouldn't commit the same mistake again.

Submitted by SC on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 23:04

SC

( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Quote:

Points also serve another purpose too--

from time to time, someone on the forum has come forth with a real need in their lives. Or, unfortunately, sometimes a forum member has a tragedy happen in their life. Many people have donated points to help other members

That is true too, Skydivr. While I've never cashed a point in, I have donated some on a few occasions.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 06:19

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )

Sunil i send a pm to you telling everythinhg was okay because i'm not a moderator and i didnt saw many posts that you wrote coping from other posts to make points to earn money fast here.
I do not like nobody speak bad of debt consolidation care forum and forum members.
These people from debt consolidation care are here helping others and
many times donated their points to help others.
If you look for a job here was a mistake.

Submitted by tsacgiv on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 06:39

tsacgiv

( Posts: 2106 | Credits: )

were else would you ever hear except for here in this forum were people generously donate thier points/money to other members that are absolute strangers to help them out? i believe that most in this forum stay to help others because they themselves remember how alone you felt during the time. I sure wish i would have found this forum while going through debt. But in the end, i stay knowing that i may have made a difference in someones life that day and have many great friends.

Its offensive to me when i hear attacks on this site considering how many people it helps everyday and i am proud to be a part of it

Submitted by love_my_things on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 07:39

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

this site helped me more than money ever could have. because now i have the knowledge and i know my rights.
i cash in my points because frankly i need them. but $10 every three weeks or whatever is really not why i am here - like it was said they money is not worth it as the only reason to stay. do not get me wrong i appreciate the money and it is so generous to even be offered. it puts gas in my tank or covers a small grocery trip. but i stay to help and to recieve information and to learn.

Submitted by bea2ls on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 10:44

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

Hi UNCLE WULF,
I was banned and removed ban after 7 th Nov 09 after that i worked in the forum sincerealy but still after that my suddenly after 2-3 days i was not able to login in the forum. But on my gmail i have not got ant mail regarding that.
This point of time I was with $14 earned.
I am still confuse that why it happens with me.
I obayed all the rules of forum as once forum banned me and removed me from ban. But still i am not able to login in forum and what about the earned $14? and can i get any mail. Can you personally help me in that?
My mail is email removed by Shazzers per the TOS.

please revert. Actually I want to work in the forum and you can deduct my payment as you caught duplicate.
Can you help me in that?
Please revert on my mail so that i will further communicate
Thanks,
SUNIL

Submitted by SUNIL on Mon, 11/23/2009 - 06:45

SUNIL

( Posts: | Credits: )

[QUOTE=SUNIL;498832]Hi UNCLE WULF,
I was banned and removed ban after 7 th Nov 09 after that i worked in the forum sincerealy but still after that my suddenly after 2-3 days i was not able to login in the forum. But on my gmail i have not got ant mail regarding that.
This point of time I was with $14 earned.
I am still confuse that why it happens with me.
I obayed all the rules of forum as once forum banned me and removed me from ban. But still i am not able to login in forum and what about the earned $14? and can i get any mail. Can you personally help me in that?
My mail is email removed by Shazzers per the TOS.

please revert. Actually I want to work in the forum and you can deduct my payment as you caught duplicate.
Can you help me in that?
Please revert on my mail so that i will further communicate
Thanks,
SUNIL[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Sunil. I will not help you. Plagiarism is theft, in my book, and I won't stand for it. Frankly, I can't imagine why you were ever allowed back to start with.

Fact is, you did not obey the rules of this community. Nor did you abide by the law. You were temporarily banned for that and other things. When you were allowed back, you continued to post material stolen from other websites, and claim that material as your own original work. Why can you not understand that this is wrong?

As to your supposed payment due... That was canceled by site admin, and for good reason. They (and I) do not feel that you should be rewarded for illegal and unethical behavior. You might want to review message #13 in this thread to see where I stand on that issue. And I don't want your lousy fourteen bucks. I'm not for sale, at any price.

As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over. And this thread is locked.

Submitted by unclewulf on Mon, 11/23/2009 - 16:26

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )