Skip to main content
index page

Sign in problems.

Submitted by klnelson1964 on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 06:44
Credits:
[Donate]

I was not able to sign in at all at home. I use my house desktop or my laptop with wireless.

Now when I try to sign on at work, I can sign on, but i wrote a nice long post and got a message that the post will not be published until a moderator looks it over.

What is going on. Am I being punished for something. If you dont want me posting or on your site, just let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klnelson1964
I had no idea. That took forever to type, but okay.

A suggestion, if I may. If you've got one of those looooong posts to compose, do your writing in something like Notepad (Windows) or Pico (Unix). Just a simple, basic text editor. When you're finished writing, select the whole thing, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into the message window here on the site. That way, if the system eats it or it becomes lost in the ether, you're not out the work. Some of my posts take me an hour or more to write, if I have to supply a long, detailed answer, do research, or what have you. I write them in a text editor, then post.

Submitted by unclewulf on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 15:46

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

Once again, confusion reigns supreme...........

Copy/pasting my own original work from a text editor to a DCC forum message as I described in message #7 is legal, allowable, and a sensible precaution against data loss.

Copy/pasting someone else's original work from another, copyrighted, website to a DCC forum message is plagiarism, a form of theft. It's illegal, not permitted, and can get you in a load of trouble. That's what Sunil got spanked for.

Clear as mud, right? :p

Submitted by unclewulf on Wed, 10/28/2009 - 16:46

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )