Skip to main content
index page

What Do You Think About This Product?

Submitted by Frogpatch on Mon, 11/30/2009 - 17:44
Credits:
[Donate]

I know this is a little off of the main avenue of this site, but this is the pub and this is where we can all raise a question or two that is non debt related.
I was recently given the national distribution rights to this plant. It is called the Cyber Plant and can exist for months without water and can be hung anywhere. When I first saw it I thought OK it's nice! But after an hour or so of thinking I saw it in all the Florida Gift Shops, Hotel Gift Shops, Hospital Gift Shops, Natural Food Stores, Convenience Stores and on and on! I really want to know what you all think of this and is it worth pursuing? I so much value your opinions. Please go to this article, tinyurl.com/cybrplnt The web site will be up in a couple days! Thanks All!

The growing medium is patented and I have the sole distribution rights! It has to be purchased through me for resale or fund raising! The company that developed the idea was so busy doing larger scale products for hotels and restaurants with the same technology that this little one was being ignored. In what seems like another life I was in the tropical plant business and when the owner showed this casually to my wife, bells in my head went off! I will try to do a live link! I do not know what happened. I even tested the link! http://tinyurl.com/cybrplnt It looks like someone deleted the http from the text! Not sure!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Tue, 12/01/2009 - 08:06

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

I checked it out and I think it's pretty cool. Both my daughters have cats who "play" in their plants soil. This would be ideal for them. Also, I tend to forget to water the plants, hence they wither and die. and I like the idea of being able to put them anywhere. Good luck on your new venture.

Submitted by aubrey on Tue, 12/01/2009 - 10:00

aubrey

( Posts: 1203 | Credits: )

Shazz, the bag has an inner bag that has a super absobant polymer. You could take it out and put it in a teacup with moss or something! The outer bag has a little Velcro tag that enables it to be hung anywhere. Originally they were for office monitors but they don't have frames anymore.
Aubrey, the deveoper has come out with healthy wheat grass for pets that never needs water. You should see it on an infomercial soon.

Submitted by Frogpatch on Tue, 12/01/2009 - 12:41

Frogpatch

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogpatch
Shazz, the bag has an inner bag that has a super absobant polymer. You could take it out and put it in a teacup with moss or something! The outer bag has a little Velcro tag that enables it to be hung anywhere. Originally they were for office monitors but they don't have frames anymore.
Aubrey, the deveoper has come out with healthy wheat grass for pets that never needs water. You should see it on an infomercial soon.

That's pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm not in a position to purchase anything right now (as you know) but I wish you lot's of luck! I bet you'll get a lot of sales on it.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 12/01/2009 - 16:32

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Shazz, I am not trying to sell you anything! I just wanted opinions!
Collect This, it stays relatively small do to root confinement!
The website is finally up! It is cyber-plant.com I am looking for independent distributors to sell these to the tourist/gift trade. If you think you can sell to stores or wherever PM me. You can earn some extra cash. A little late for the Holidays though!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Wed, 12/09/2009 - 08:03

Frogpatch

That looks pretty cool!! Can you use it for a different type of plant beside the fern one? I would like some plants at the cabin, but as you know I am not there all the time to water them. And the fake ones just suck because they attract so much dust. Also this is gonna be a strange question, but do you know the temps. that this plant can handle?

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Sat, 12/12/2009 - 23:17

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )

The plant is a Neantha Bella Palm and was chosen because of its natural dwarf size, low light tolerance and small root system.
The millennium soil is a super absorbant polymer crystal the expands to one hundred times its size when hydrated. It will support just about any plant in any container if sealed in an airtight pouch. They sell these kits for doing it yourself. I will have them for sale on the site in a week or so. If you, as a friend, Puddle, want one I will try to get if for you. I will only be selling them wholesale!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Sun, 12/13/2009 - 11:47

Frogpatch

Awww Froggy :) that would be great!! I will give one a shot and then spread the word about it and see what people think. Maybe I can get ya some sales ;) Let me know what ya come up with. I think this is a great idea. I have had those kinds of plants before, but one of my cats loved it more than I did and would eat them.

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Mon, 12/14/2009 - 10:07

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )