Skip to main content
index page

When will it end

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Sat, 12/12/2009 - 22:49
Credits:
[Donate]

We (along with alot of other states) had a pretty bad snowstorm on Wed. We got 16" of snow that day. I decided I didn't want to drive the 25 miles to work. But I wasn't alone in that decision, 37 others didn't want to either. But I also came down with a cold that same day. So thank god I didn't go to work. It ends up that I have an ear infection, a sinus infection and broncitus (sp??) But I got some good meds. today and I am starting to feel better :) But then on Thursday we recieved a summons for my son for court. He has to appear the Monday after Christmas. I have retained and attorney ($2500) hopefully he won't need more money. But this all started in Aug. when I found out my sons girlfriend was 15 (he just turned 17 in july) I talked with an officer that I thought was a friend. I asked him to talk with my son and let him know what could happen if "something" happened between the 2 of them. Well he found out "something" did happen and the officer turned him in. Well it turns out his girlfriend was only 14 (she looks like she could be 19) The parents are behind my son and are not pressing charges, it is the state thats going after him. So now they want to charge him with 2nd degree sexual assult of a child which is a class C felony. Which in our state could be up to $100,000 fine, 40 years in prison and a registered offender the rest of his life. They say that even though he is 17 he is considered an adult in our state. Plus I found out that this girl is now pregnant (no,not by my son, thank god!! ) and her current boyfriend is 17. So how many guys has this girl been with? and how many have to go to jail before the state sees that "she" is the problem? But the lawyer says he can get this dismissed or lowered to a misdeminor(sp??) My son doesn't have any record up till now. So thats a good thing. So please keep your fingers crossed for us that this goes ok for us. I don't want him to have his life ruined because of a 14 year old that can't control herself. No wonder why her parents put her on birth control at 13.

Ok I guess I worded that wrong. Yes I agree it starts with the parents. There was NO WAY I would put my 13 year old on birth control!! But I guess she thinks she's cool because all these older guys like her. Well now there is only one reason why they like her. That is sad. Now what are guys supposed to do,ask to see a birth cert. before they date someone? When I found out she was only 14 I said no way!!! She is mature (in more ways than one) for her age. I, myself, didn't believe she was that young. But this is the sign of todays youth, everything is hapening at a younger age. No matter what the parents tell them.

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Mon, 12/14/2009 - 10:03

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )