Skip to main content
index page

I need Tips (USPS)

Submitted by Shazzers on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:36
Credits:
[Donate]

I recently relocated from Idaho to Ohio (Again! lol!), during transit my computer was damaged internally (among other computer related items). I bought insurance just in case! They want receipts for the damaged items.

A different box that had all my important documents in it, including receipts was lost! Totally lost, all I received was the top of the box with a note of apology from the USPS! I filled out the claim for recovering the lost items but haven't heard a word from them (been about 5 weeks now). I have accepted the fact these items are gone basically! However, I can't produce receipts for the items that were damaged because they were lost in a different box I shipped earlier, and of course it wasn't insured! Which is why I made sure every other box after that incident was insured.

Anyone have any tips on how to get this claim through, this is ridiculous, I have to jump through a zillion hoops to recover my loss! Grrrrrrrrrr.

I sent them pictures and everything else they requested except receipts!

Shazz, its really a tricky situation.

As far my knowledge goes about insurance, the company would ask for the receipts before adjusting the claim. I think you have to deal with USPS and demand compensation from them (if possible) since they not only have damaged your goods but have also lost the documents necessary to recover a claim.

Hope you soon hear something positive from them.

Submitted by SC on Sun, 05/16/2010 - 20:48

SC

( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )