Skip to main content
index page

I am sad

Submitted by Shazzers on Mon, 01/24/2011 - 16:53
Credits:
[Donate]

Very sad, I am afraid that I might lose my cat. I have had her for 17 years. She has traveled with me all over the U.S. She isn't well.

A couple of weeks ago I awoke in the middle of the night and she had stopped breathing (she sleeps with me), I blew into her mouth and she came back. I took her to the Vet the following Mon. and he gave her an antibiotic shot, it's been well over a week now and she hasn't improved.

She isn't eating and barely drinking. I have been giving her everything under the sun to entice her, she takes a couple of licks and that's all.

She has become very weak, I can tell when she walks a few feet she becomes tired. I am afraid her heart is giving out on her, that is probably what was wrong in the first place. I simply can't afford a lot of testing and so forth.

Anyway, I am having a rough time handling this, not sleeping because I keep my eye on her, loss of appetite, same as her. I love her dearly. She's my little partner.

I can understand Shazzers how it feels when pets become ill. I faced a similar situation few years back when I lost my Pug - Brownie... He was the best pet one could have. I lost him due to some age related issues he was facing. The Vet tried her best but couldn't save him...

I wish health to your darling pet, your little partner and hope the cat gets well soon... AMEN!!!

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Mon, 01/24/2011 - 18:19

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

Shazz, just be there for her. That's the best you can do right now. I feel your pain. Lost my dog in October - she got hit by a car. Had her for 13 years and she was a rescue dog. I couldn't sleep at night and I would unconsciously call her.

I adopted another one from a "no-kill" shelter. They brought her up from Georgia (she was on "death row for dogs". Best thing I ever did. It eased the pain a little.

My deepest sympathy for what you're going through.

Submitted by aubrey on Tue, 01/25/2011 - 06:49

aubrey

( Posts: 1203 | Credits: )

I'm sorry, Shazz. I'm a pet lover as well. I had to have my dear Akita, Levi, put down 2 years ago. I still cry when I see a picture of him or he crosses my mind. He was 14, which is very old for that type of dog. He was my dearest friend. He helped me survive my divorce and literally saved my life once. Pets are our companions. They are the only ones capable of true unconditional love. Just spend as much time as you can with her. Make her comfortable and be there for her when it's time. Getting another cat is also a good idea. You can't think of it as replacing her. Just think of it as someone to help you through the pain.Have you ever heard of the Rainbow Bridge?

Quote:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.

His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

Submitted by OhioGal1 on Tue, 01/25/2011 - 08:06

OhioGal1

( Posts: 5253 | Credits: )

I just wanted to add, the picture on my avatar is my cat Della, I took her to the Vet yesterday, she was very ill. I had her euthanized because she was barely getting any oxygen, it was becoming extremely difficult for her to breathe, I didn't want her to gasp and struggle anymore. This is very hard for me to talk about, but I didn't want any of you to think I let her suffer, I pulled all my resources financially because she meant the world to me. I loved her, she was my little partner and all I had left in this world.

Submitted by Shazzers on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 07:47

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )