Skip to main content
index page

pets turned over to shelters in ailing economy

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Wed, 10/29/2008 - 19:21
Credits:
[Donate]

I guess it's not only the people being affected by the economy. I read this artical and I was heartbroken hearing that people are leaving their pets in their homes when their home is in forclosure. How could someone do that. Just leave them there with no food or water.

Here is the link to that artical
http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2008/10/29/more-pets-turned-over-to-shelters-in-ailing-economy.aspx

Please don't delete the link, I don't know of any other way of putting it in here. I know us pet lovers would like to read it.

For me, I would do everything I could to feed my pets just like my kids.

My wife has repeatedly accused me of loving my cats more than her. Sometimes I think she's right. A few years ago I ran over one of them when I backed out of the driveway. I was so distraught I couldn't go to work the next day. Ever since, I honk my horn as soon as I get in the car to make sure it doesn't happen again. Kind of pi$$e$ off the neighbors since I leave at 3:30am.

Submitted by NASCAR_Devil on Thu, 10/30/2008 - 11:36

NASCAR_Devil

( Posts: 4671 | Credits: )

My house is like a home for wayward pets. There is a cat now that has been lurking outside. I'm trying to get her to trust me enough to let me get her in a cat carrier and to the vet to make sure she doesn't have feline leukemia or fleas. If she doesn't have leukemia then she will probably come stay until I find her a good home.

Submitted by anc526 on Thu, 10/30/2008 - 14:53

anc526

( Posts: 192 | Credits: )