Skip to main content
index page

What we woke up to this morning

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Sun, 12/28/2008 - 23:19
Credits:
[Donate]

I just had to share with you the beauty of winter. We had rain up by the cabin on Sat. then it turned to snow over night. The snow stuck to the trees and made it look so pretty that I didn't want to leave. The snowflakes that were coming down early Sunday morning were so huge. I just can't explain, but when I went outside this morning (sunday) it just took my breath away.

Very beautiful to look at!

I vaguely remember the two years we lived in Rhode Island, when I was 5 and 6; however, I don't nearly remember it looking as beautiful as that.

Would love to experience it again for myself, some day. But only for a day or two.

I'm with Nascar and Bossy, was nice and sunny and warm here in Florida during the Christmas holiday; however, it dropped again into the 40's last night. I went to bed in shorts and had to wake up in the middle of the night to put my long "jammies" on.

Brrrrrr!

Thanks for sharing the pictures Puddle! Very nice!

Oh, yeah. About that Moose. Was that a pet, or something? I think I'd get a little "skert" at seeing a wild moose so close to me.

Unless it was Bullwinkle.

Submitted by FloridaRon on Tue, 12/30/2008 - 13:07

FloridaRon

( Posts: 1190 | Credits: )

lmao at the moose :lol:

I am glad you all like the pics. It was so quiet when it was snowing that you could HEAR it snowing.

With the moose, that is one of those wooden yard things. It is huge. But my father-in-law made that for us, cause hubby's nickname is moose lol. It does scare me sometimes at night when I think I hear a bear and see that big black shadow :lol: We have had real ones spotted up there but not many. I want to see one :cry:

Gonna go back up there in the morning to do some snowmobiling. I will be sure to bring the camera along and hope that I get more great pics. that I can share :D

You all have a happy New Year!!!!! I will see ya all when I get back. Be safe when celebrating!!!!!

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Tue, 12/30/2008 - 22:34

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )