Skip to main content
index page

Fixed my truck

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 17:05
Credits:
[Donate]

I had such a bad Monday. I had errands to run in 2 different towns on monday. I was all excited that I had the day off and was gonna spend it playing on the computer. But just as I was on my way home from the last errand (20 miles from home) I noticed that my battery gauge was all the way down :shock: I didn't think I was gonna make it home. But then I figured out that it had to be my alternator. So my neighbor had a tester and yep I was right. A car guy said I (a woman ) was right :shock: lol. So I took it off, ran to a town 40 miles away to get a new one ($190 :shock: ) came home and put the new one on. I did have to get the neighbor to help me get the serp. belt back on. Then I started it and it ran :D I was sooo excited that I fixed my own truck!!!! Now hubby's all mad because he says I don't need him anymore lol. It's not that, he works 2 full-time jobs and I didn't know when he would be able to fix it and I needed my truck for work the next day. It's not like i'm gonna walk 24 miles to work lol. But because he's working so much, I am starting to fix things around here and he's getting mad about it lol. I think it's funny and he should be ok with it because it's less he has to do when he does get time off. Go figure, a mans pride :wink:

Sorry, I just had to share :oops: But I saved money by doing it myself :D

Go Puddle!!!! Good for you!!! I am the fixer in our house and I love doing projects...at first hubby was in his feelings but then he realized it gave him time to other things...like the stuff he really likes. Now when people compliment a light fixture or our floor, he tells them with pride, that I did it. He also really likes that I can change my own oil in my car and bike, so now he does not have to do it. Took him awhile but he eventually caught on to the benefit involved in my taking an interest and liking to do these things. :lol: I think what you did was awsome!!

Submitted by RoxyNY on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 11:01

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

great for you!!! i personally married a mechanic and frankly i tell him all the time " why you think i married you?" i make a joke about how i expect nothing of him but to take care of my vehicle and go to work. but sometimes i wish i had the confidence sometimes to take these tasks on myself because he doesnt always get things done in a timely manner. great job!

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 19:36

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

TY :) I am starting to like fixing little things around here. My next project is replacing the washers in my kitchen and bathroom faucets. They are dripping and I keep buggin hubby but he won't do it. So I have to go get a new water pump for our well at the cabin so I am gonna pick up the washers and rip apart plumbing again lol. The last time I did that our toilet kept running and flushing all by itself :shock: Told my daughter that ghosts need to go too lmao. So I took out all the guts in the back of the toilet and replaced them myself. It was bugging me with all the water it was wasting. I also took apart the plumbing under my bathroom sink because we had a major clog and I was getting sick of brushing my teeth in the kitchen. So I took it apart and cleaned it out and put it all back together without a leak and now it drains better than ever :D My dad also fixed things in the house and I was always daddy's little helper, so I guess it is all coming back to me :wink: Keep your fingers crossed that I don't break the faucets i'm gonna fix :oops: Just call me Mrs. Fixit :wink: lol

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 23:11

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )