Skip to main content
index page

So glad I left my old job!!!

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Sun, 05/10/2009 - 20:40
Credits:
[Donate]

This is a rant about my old employer (hubby still works there)

On Friday hubby came home from work and told me that starting the 18th everybody at work has to take a 5% pay cut :evil: And the insurance will increase 10% that same pay period. WTH!!! They already stopped matching for the 401K :evil: What next??? They said they have to do this or they will have to lay off 30% of the work force. But they can't do that, because then they will have to pay back the 1 million in grant money from the state because they won't be able to keep 750 full-time employees. Hmmmmm.... Now heres a thought, maybe they should STOP buying bankrupt companies, and maybe they should realize that with this economy people cannot afford a $2000 snowblower or a $3000 lawnmower :evil: They should lower their prices because they have lowered their quality. Yes I do own one of their snowblowers and I have to say that the $50 snowblower I have (that sells almost $1500 less) works better than theirs. Yes I have told them that when I was still working there lol.

Ohh...but the good news is they just might get a profit sharing check :shock: :? :x Doesn't make sense to me. I'm just glad I don't work there anymore, because I would have been walked out the door that day :lol: I can't wait till hubby's truck is paid off then he can tell them to shove it and keep the other full-time job he has.

I am done venting now, but i'm still pissed that they are doing this to their employees!! Because they bust their butt for low money now, and now they are going to make even less without a fair warning. I mean someone I know has worked there for 35 years :shock: and I found out he is only making $13.10 (5% less on the 18th) an hour. He now has too many health problems (thanks to the job) and he is too old to go somewhere else. It just sucks!!!!! Ok, now I am done :oops: