Skip to main content
index page

Which is the best way to sell your stuffs online?

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 08/01/2010 - 23:40
Credits:
[Donate]

There are various options through which you can sell your stuffs online. What according to you is the best way to sell items online and make money? Feel free to share your ideas.

Craigslist.com is my favorite by far!!! You post the item(s) , people contact you, by phone or email and you make arrangements for the person to pick it up from you. There is no bidding, no shipping and you can negotiate a price without an auction. It's kind of like an online garage sale, but in my opinion better!!! You can even go on and see what other people are selling similar items for so that you can price them right. Craigslist has my vote 100%.

Submitted by cookycris on Tue, 08/03/2010 - 13:29

cookycris

( Posts: 118 | Credits: )

I have found that selling your stuff online on craiglist. com. I sold several items very successfully for example: My Ford van and tools. I think it works and it might work for you. It also may depend on what you are trying to sell. I would use other websites that you can join for free and post your items on their sites. I hope that help you to decide.

Submitted by charles j. Elliott on Tue, 08/03/2010 - 16:15

charles j. Elliott

( Posts: | Credits: )

The best place to sell your stuff is on Ioffer.com. There isn't a bidding craze (Ebay), it is very direct and you are able to negotiate with the buyer/seller. The fees are very minimal and the traffic on the site is very heavy so you will get tons of hits if you make your ad stand out with great buzz words.

I sold boots, jackets, etc and was able to offload my stuff within 60 days. I didn't haggle and I always offered something like free shipping or if the buyer paid shipping, I lowered the price on the item.

I loved the experience. Check it out!!!

Submitted by kechandl1 on Wed, 08/04/2010 - 13:07

kechandl1

( Posts: 14 | Credits: )

The best way i know of is to register on Ebay and use Paypal as the payment source for all transactions. This is the only way to go and have 100% backup on all transactions. When you become a registered seller on ebay, your work is really done for you. They have Seller Assistants that does the majority of the work. This is the easiest way that i know of.

Submitted by tipatti on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 06:39

tipatti

Simply buy a top level domain name e.g .com,.co, get a reliable web hosting service, create a webpage and write a descriptive review of the stuff to be sold and include some customer testimonials.

Get a toll-free (800) phone number and post it on the site in addition to your contact information to make it easier for customers to contact you to ask for additional purchase information.

Register for Online Better Business Bureau accreditation and include their banner on your site once approved (Optional). Create a thank you page with access or download links to your products.

Register for an online payment processing account like with paypal and upgrade to premium or business. Implement the provided pay by code on your review site then start promoting the site online.

Also consider joining clickbank or a CPA network as an advertiser, implement their provided code on your site and let them recruit affiliates to promote your site and pay them a nice commission in return for every sale made. Rest easy and enjoy unlimited online income.

If you find this to be too hard a task, then, may be you may want to check out uploadnsell.com or paydotcom

Submitted by Bernard W Okoth on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 12:24

Bernard W Okoth

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

the best way to sell your stuff online is to goto craiglist. you can have your own account and you can also know that the website is reliable since many other people do sell their things on that site. you may also sell anything you want. the website have different categories for different things. so you can feel free to sell as much or as little as you want.

Submitted by tinas on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 15:53

tinas

There are many actually.One thing many sellers are doing, is sticking with eBay. Rather than change horses mid-stream, some sellers are transitioning their auction businesses to the fixed-price model that is now favored by the ecommerce giant. Others are listing their wares at eBay's cross-town (on the web, anyway) rival Amazon.

New York based Etsy is part of a new breed of online marketplace startups targeted specifically at the needs of independent artists and crafts makers. With more and more people pledging to buy handmade goods, marketplaces like Etsy are taking center stage and becoming important hubs for small merchants. We've even wondered if Etsy might be the next eBay.

online Classifieds
Craigslist has been accused by some of single handedly sinking the entire newspaper business by doing for classifieds what eBay did for auctions in the 90s -- putting them online and making them dead simple and accessible. Craigslist started as a local events email list for San Francisco in 1995 and has grown to an online classifieds powerhouse serving more than 500 cities in over 50 countries across the world. 40 million people visit Craigslist each month, generating more than 10 billion page views, according to the company. It's no wonder that an ad on Craigslist is an extremely effective way to generate sales, especially in large local markets

Social Networks
Yes, it doesn't seem that any of the big social networks have yet figured out how to monetize all that traffic. Facebook gave up on Beacon, and MySpace isn't living up to Google's expectations, but that doesn't mean you can't try to sell to your friends, family, and fans via social networks. Buy.com thinks they have the best way, with their Garage Sale application for Facebook. The best part of this option, though, may be the irony of their intro video which calls eBay a "thing of the past" -- apparently Buy.com's top brass didn't get the memo... they closed a huge product listing deal with eBay last month.

Your Own online Storefront
Sellers with an adventurous spirit may opt to set up their own storefront. There are a number of free or open source projects, such as osCommerce, that can be used to power an online shop. There are also all inclusive small business hosting solutions, such as Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, that can get sellers up and running with their own stores with a lot less headache.

Submitted by Olin Baker on Sat, 08/07/2010 - 02:46

Olin Baker

Ebay Easy Setup quick selling low fees and can use PayPal which is very protected. Will allow you to sell items that are in need of other people. Please be honest with description this is ver important to buyer and keep rating up. PayPal gets money from buyers immediately and will be put in your account as quick as you get confirmation to buy from buyer.

Submitted by Douglas Boyce Jr on Sat, 08/07/2010 - 08:49

Douglas Boyce Jr

It is my belief that the best way to sell things online and make money, is to do research on what items you are selling, and find a good secure site to list them on.
For example: If you have an Elvis Presley signed picture and you want to sell it, first do research on how much it would be worth. Lets say after your research you can make up to $2,000 on it. Go to a secure website that can be trusted like Ebay or Craigslist and post it on there. Do not ask for the maximum amount of $2,000 Because more than likely you will not get it. If you list it on craigslist state that you did research and it is worth $2,000 but you are only gonna ask for $1,300 but price is negotiable.. ALso keep in mind that never sell it for less that what you bought it for.. In my example I used If you bought the picture for $400 somewhere else then asking for $1,300 a $900 profit. If you got the picture for free then everything is profit.
Also Ebay is a good way to sell items. People bid on them and you can actually get more than you expect. In my example of the Elvis Presley picture you could List the price as a minimum of $600 and watch the bidding go. I would also if using Ebay list the item you are selling as on the market for one week to two weeks. that gives it plenty time to get plenty of bids and if for some reason the bids aren't going as you expect you can always pull that item off from Ebay. Just always remember how much you bought the item for and how much it is worth and find a medium in between to figure out how much you are willing to take for it. Remember if the item You have didn't cost you a dime, then all is profit. :)
This is all my opinion on how to sell items and profit from them.Good luck

Submitted by brokeasajoke on Sat, 08/07/2010 - 12:59

brokeasajoke

( Posts: 26 | Credits: )

Ebay....cant go wrong! I have sold things on ebay for quite a few years. I never made a living out of it, but I have sold this and that.
I have also bought on ebay to help my stats as well.
The big thing is to be 100% honest with what you are selling, for example: if you are selling clothes, dont put down they are new if they are used. I give detailed information such as for my kids clothes i have sold i mentioned they were used, but would make great play clothes.
Keep your starting bid low, i usually always start off at .99 for everything, people are more apt to go up from there as well as keep the shipping free or low.
Also, sell items at the right time....if you have a halloween costume, you will more than likely have a better chance getting more money out of it selling it closer to october. Same with clothes,season clothes just in the start or prior. school clothes now!!!!
Be sure to give detailed information!!!
Good luck on your selling..
Also send a thank you and they will be back to you for more!!! ; )

Submitted by wendylynn93 on Mon, 08/09/2010 - 08:38

wendylynn93

( Posts: 195 | Credits: )

There are 6 ways to sell your stuffs online like

Fixed Price Marketplaces:
One thing many sellers are doing, is sticking with eBay. Rather than change horses mid-stream, some sellers are transitioning their auction businesses to the fixed-price model that is now favored by the ecommerce giant. Others are listing their wares at eBay's cross-town (on the web, anyway) rival Amazon.

Online Craft Fairs:
New York based Etsy is part of a new breed of online marketplace startups targeted specifically at the needs of independent artists and crafts makers. With more and more people pledging to buy handmade goods, marketplaces like Etsy are taking center stage and becoming important hubs for small merchants. We've even wondered if Etsy might be the next eBay. Be sure to check our lists of Etsy alternatives here and here, as well.

Classifieds:
Craigslist has been accused by some of single handedly sinking the entire newspaper business by doing for classifieds what eBay did for auctions in the 90s -- putting them online and making them dead simple and accessible. Craigslist started as a local events email list for San Francisco in 1995 and has grown to an online classifieds powerhouse serving more than 500 cities in over 50 countries across the world. 40 million people visit Craigslist each month, generating more than 10 billion page views, according to the company. It's no wonder that an ad on Craigslist is an extremely effective way to generate sales, especially in large local markets.
Online Informercial:
If you're like me -- and that would be a bummer for you -- you're often awake at 4am. If you happen to flick on the TV, you'll quickly notice that in the wee hours of morning, the airwaves are dominated by a certain variety of program: infomercials. Most of the time, it's hard to wonder how anyone could be suckered into ordering stuff peddled by late night hucksters. But infomercials have inundated the television airwaves since the 1970s, so they must work. Could they also work on the Internet? One company thinks so. Talk Market lets anyone host their own video sales channel on the web. Amazon thinks enough of the idea to have invested in it.

Social Networks:
Yes, it doesn't seem that any of the big social networks have yet figured out how to monetize all that traffic. Facebook gave up on Beacon, and MySpace isn't living up to Google's expectations, but that doesn't mean you can't try to sell to your friends, family, and fans via social networks. Buy.com thinks they have the best way, with their Garage Sale application for Facebook. The best part of this option, though, may be the irony of their intro video which calls eBay a "thing of the past" -- apparently Buy.com's top brass didn't get the memo... they closed a huge product listing deal with eBay last month.

Your Own Storefront:
Sellers with an adventurous spirit may opt to set up their own storefront. There are a number of free or open source projects, such as osCommerce, that can be used to power an online shop. There are also all inclusive small business hosting solutions, such as Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, that can get sellers up and running with their own stores with a lot less headache. We like Shopify, an all in one hosted ecommerce suite that has become one of the showcase apps for Ruby on Rails (don't worry -- we've never heard of anyone having trouble scaling their store on the service).

Submitted by saumil rehi on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 04:16

saumil rehi

e-bay and Craiglist and any local websites that have a lot of traffic. Google has a service that allows a person to see how many searches a topic or website has, and I believe there are similar services that determine traffic at a particular website/ranking in a particular geographical area. Posting more than once and/or daily may help raise your item to the top of any particular list so it is more likely to be seen by more people. I could mention more ways to "win" by being shady/underhand(especially on e-bay auctions), but I believe what comes around goes around and I have no interest relating and/or using the methods I am aware of(I believe that I and the user of such will in the end "lose"(I believe there IS a JUSTICE system in place even though it may not seem like there is)) ;0)

Submitted by DavidSurette on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 18:53

DavidSurette

I think,you would have to identify different target markets and adapt your product to meet the needs of the various markets segments so as to gain the biggest market possible for your product.Also,you could try offering your product at the lowest possible price whiles keeping in mind that your primary objective is to make profit.Advertising is key,thus,you can send random emails to clients telling them about your product and what they stand to gain when they purchase your product.Offering discounts to existing clients who introduce new clients is also a plus.

Submitted by Divina on Fri, 08/13/2010 - 14:37

Divina

ebay its trusted and has several verification methods. It also has a good team of people working for you in case a buyer tries to give you the shaft. You can usually get your payment very soon after end of auction, and has the option to list as "buy it now" in case someone is very interested, but doesn't want to wait until the end of auction, working to your advantage in selling your item.

Submitted by cantstandyaaa on Mon, 08/16/2010 - 12:05

cantstandyaaa

Selling things online is a great way to get some cash. I use both eBay and Craigslist. Items hard to ship - I try to sell local. Anything that fits into a box - goes onto ebay. Craigslist benefit - fast - cash - done! eBay benefit - National exposure to your product! Good luck. Happy Selling!

Submitted by BostonGuy on Tue, 08/17/2010 - 10:36

BostonGuy

( Posts: 16 | Credits: )

I think ebay is the best way to sell online. I have sold for years on ebay and usually get what I want for something or more. Also using craigslist is a good way to sell things that somebody actually needs to come and see. Posting it on craigslist gets you a response by email. I have sold things on both websites and gotten good responses.

Submitted by strangclan on Wed, 08/18/2010 - 12:35

strangclan

( Posts: 24 | Credits: )

The best way to sell stuff online is by Facebook.

That way you are interacting with people that you already know and word of mouth marketing aspect is in full affect.

With Ebay and Craigslist, you do not know the user so trust needs to be established. Since your friends with the person on Facebook- you should already know them!

Submitted by kdsweetie83 on Mon, 08/23/2010 - 08:04

kdsweetie83

There are thousands of online selling sites out there. The best thiong to do is research all that you can. Some have low selling fees but omly let you get paid from there site. the best site I have found is blujay.com. They let you open a store and accept any form of payment. This means you dont have to sign up with apayment processor and pay their fees. Lets face it you are selling online to make money not make others money.

Submitted by Kenneth Seely on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 06:13

Kenneth Seely