Skip to main content
index page

How to make 20-30 dollars fast

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 09/01/2010 - 02:31
Credits:
[Donate]

There are various ways you can earn 20-30 dollars fast. What according to you is the best possible way to make money quickly? Feel free to share your ideas.

1. Craigslist! Clear out your garage and selling anything of value - I just sold an AC unit for $60, a sofa slipcover for $20 and a bed frame for $20. All were just collecting dust.

2. If you are in good standing, call your credit card companies and get your interest rate reduced. I got mine reduced from 13.99 to 9.99 with Citi today - for my $4000 balance, that's a saving of about $160 over the course of a year. All it took was about a 10 minute phonecall (yes, you will have to ask to speak with the first person's manager, and yes, you will have to threaten that you have been offered a better rate elsewhere).

Submitted by Tamara Therese on Wed, 09/01/2010 - 22:15

Tamara Therese

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

Taking clothing that we no longer wear to a consignment shop is a good way to make a few dollars. Usually the clothes are held for a month and you can pick up a check for whatever sells at that time. Another way is to have a yard sale. Sell everything you havent used in a year or more. If you dont live in a good area for yard sales, like in the rural areas, then pack everything up and take it to a flea market.
Taking all your aluminum cans to a recycling center is another way to make a few dollars. We save all of ours and it adds up over a few months.

Submitted by strangclan on Thu, 09/02/2010 - 08:39

strangclan

( Posts: 24 | Credits: )

HELLO ALL! I WILL GIVE YOU 3 THINGS THAT COMES TO MIND. THE 3rd ONE IS A LITTLE OF THE WALL. FIRST YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD OLD FASIONED GARAGE/THRIFT SALE SECOND YOU CAN SIGN UP FO "HELP WHEN NEEDED". IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS, THATS WHERE SENIOR CITIZENS AND SOME OF THE HANDICAP GO WHEN THEY NEED SOMETHING DONE THAT THEY CAN'T DO. SUCH AS YARD WORK, SHOPPING OR HOUSEPAINTING OR HOUSE REPAIRS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. AND THIRD AND LAST YOU CAN BE GULLIABE ( OR STUPID) AND BUY A WINNING SCRATCH OFF LOTTERY TICKET WHICH WE ALL KNOW CAN BE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN IN A WINNING TICKET. GOOD LUCK

Submitted by bobbie beyotch on Fri, 09/03/2010 - 01:13

bobbie beyotch

( Posts: | Credits: )

When we are running short of funds we have a yard sale or craiglist something (anything) of value. Nearly every one has things that they don't need and that some one else may buy for a good price. It helps with unexpected surprises or christmas fund. It is a good way to clean out closets and garages, too.

Submitted by marcie_shaw on Fri, 09/03/2010 - 12:56

marcie_shaw

There is many possible ways to make an extra $20-$30 dollars....I will give you a few opinions of my own that I think would be fast and easy!
One way would be to sell things on Ebay or Craigslist. People are always selling/buying things from these sites... For example if you have a DVD player that you no longer use you could put them for sale on one of the sites and ask for $20 dollars and I'm sure someone would but it.
Another way to earn quick cash is to list some things you would want to sale in the newspaper people are always searching for things to buy in newspapers.. You can also put in newspaper about labor you can offer for cash. for example babysitting. People are always needing babysitters.
Another way would be to have a yard sale.. You will be surprised at how much money you can gain from a yard sale..
Those three things are somewhat easy ways to make some cash if you are broke or if you just need some extra cash to buy something you really want...
But if you are wanting money Instant within an hour or two then there are also a few options you would have...
If it is summer time You could go around to your neighbors and ask them if they would like their grass mowed.. Most people are willing to pay $20 dollars or more (depending on size of yard) to have their grass mowed by someone else. If it is winter time you could go around asking your neighbors or whom ever if they would like to have snow shoveled from their driveways,walkways,porch etc....You'd be amazed at how many people would pay someone to mow or shovel..
Also a good way to earn cash is if you have scrap gold or silver whether its a necklace or a broken piece of jewelry you could always take it to a pawn shop and scrap it.. they will weigh it and pay you based on the weight of the items you brought in. I myself have done this with old bracelets that have broken. And if you dont have any scrap gold, if you have any items that you no longer use like TV's,Video games, movies etc. you can take those to a pawn shop and sell them. depending on how new the items are you can make good money. if you have old video games you can also take them to Game stop or if you dont have a Game Stop near you, you can take them to a video game store near you and most of the time they will buy your old video games...
there are many ways to earn cash, some of them involve selling your items, and some ways you actually have to work to earn your cash.. But either way you will get money if you follow any of these ways I listed above.. If you are dead set on actually "earning" the money then mow,shovel or even try to do car washes. There are so many ways to earn money and I hope you find my advice helpful whether you go to pawn shop or actually want to do hard labor. Good Luck!

Submitted by brokeasajoke on Mon, 09/06/2010 - 14:24

brokeasajoke

( Posts: 26 | Credits: )

I think the easiest way to make fast money is to sell something you're not using. We all have items around the house that are in new or fairly new condition that hang in our closets unused or sit and collect dust. One man's trash is another man's treasure, as the saying goes. Take those items turn them into cash in one of the following ways:

1. Craig's List - simply post your item(s) to Craig's List and ask a fair price.
2. Ebay - set a minimum price and put your item up for bid on Ebay.
3. If you have a lot of items to unload, you could potentially make a lot more than $20-$30 by having a garage/yard sale. Post signs around the neighborhood, put an ad in the paper, price your items, display them nicely and get ready to haggle.

Submitted by OhioGal1 on Tue, 09/07/2010 - 06:14

OhioGal1

( Posts: 5253 | Credits: )

Make most of your trips to town using less gas in your car. I generally keep a list of places I need to go and make 1 trip a week rather than 3-4 small errands a week.

Make coffee at home and pack your lunches. This alone save me about $20 a week!

Make meals for your family in the crock pot that will be able to be used for 2 meals.

Submitted by Colleen Conner on Tue, 09/07/2010 - 09:51

Colleen Conner

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

The best way that I've found to make a quick 20-30 dollars FAST is to sell something. Go to a reliable Pawn shop with some DVDs or CDs. Be sure to take items that you know someone would want. Hopefully it won't be something that you can't part with. Also recycling companies. I've been successful obtaining money from recycling newspaper, beer and soda cans. Call around to see which company would profit you the most.

Submitted by DeLavallade on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 09:23

DeLavallade

There may be many ways to make money fast, however, most seem too good to be true Therefore, they probably are. I like to take things that I don't use and sell them. An example is my scrapbooking, I love to stamp and scrapbook, however, I buy things that I think I like and then I never use them. After a while I like to go through them and sell the things that I don't use on sites like ebay. When doing this it benefits more than just me. One, I get rid of stuff that I don't use. Two, if I do it in large quanties I can make a quite a bit of extra dollars. Three, I am than able to use this money to buy things that I can use. The best thing is that most of these sites work with paypal. I can then have buyers deposit the funds into my paypal account, I know that I am not being scammed. I keep these funds in paypal and can then use them with sites that work with paypal to make purchases on last minute needs. It works for everyone involved.

Submitted by DorenC on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 16:20

DorenC

( Posts: 156 | Credits: )

The fastest way I ever made money was by selling things on craigslist.org. I sold an old plastic dog kennel for $30. I posted the ad for free during my lunch hour. I received a response in like 30 minutes and they picked it up that evening and paid cash! I also like ebay but they sometimes have fees and it can take a few days.

Submitted by J L B on Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:32

J L B

( Posts: 329 | Credits: )

Well you can have a yard sale or sell something to a pawn shop like unused jewelry or whatever and you can also go to some places that will pay you to give blood. You can also cut back on unesasry purchases or quit smoking if a person quit smoking they could save at least $3000 in a year. You can also set your airconditioner thermostat to cheap (76 degrees) and turn on the ceiling fans to help circutate the air. Recycling taking things to the scrap yard like aluminum cans and things of that nature and copper.

Submitted by dixieborn926 on Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:31

dixieborn926

A great way to earn $20-$30 (or more) fast is through consignment stores. It is much faster than ebay and often craigslist. There are a variety of consignment stores, but a couple that I have found really helpful are Plato's Closet and Once Upon a Child. Both are geared towards the younger crowd, but if you have children, this could be a godsend.
Plato's closet is for teens-young adults, where they buy and sell gently used name-brand clothing. Once Upon a Child is the same concept, except for younger children (newborn to preteen). By selling 2 pairs of Lucky Jeans that no longer fit (and were just sitting in the closet), I made about $40 at Plato's Closet. I sell my daughters old clothing, toys, books, etc. to Once Upon a Child once she grows out of them.

Submitted by Alicia Neilson on Sat, 09/11/2010 - 09:45

Alicia Neilson

An easy way to make a few dollars in a hurry is to take advantage of your surroundings. There are all types of things you can do without leaving your neighborhood, especially if you are ale bodied. For example, every season has chores that many people do not like doing themselves.... Winter = Shoveling, Summer = cutting the grass, Fall = raking, Spring = weed pulling. This is just a sample of opportunities and there are other things that need doing all year round like car washing or dog walking. The key is to not try to get rich off of one person. $5 here and $10 there can add up. Keep that in mind.

For those who are not able to do physical labor (and those that are) there are also other ways. Me personally, I always try to have some sort of additional income, other than my pay check coming in every week. What I do on a daily basis is go to a website called dollarsurveys.net. The site pays you to complete surveys or sign up to receive information. As the site name suggests, the vast majority of the surveys pay $1 (very few pay $.50) Now I know it may not sound like much but for a person who has idle time at lunch or who may not work, it adds up. The first payment may take about 2 weeks and it credits your paypal account. After your first payment you should receive a payment every week if you do surveys often.

Finally, although this doesn't really qualify as quick, is to let your money earn you money. What I mean by this is, there are certain things that you need to or will buy anyway... so why see if you can save money on it or earn a rebate from it. The internet can be a powerful tool. The typical rebate site has about a three month turn around. They generally let you build up rebates from online shopping and pay you the lump sum about every 3 months. I know of a few sites but it doesn't, as I've said really qualify as fast so I will not post them here.

Submitted by dkejr10 on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 07:53

dkejr10

( Posts: 10 | Credits: )

Could be earned in several ways

1) Sell some stuff that you don't use

2) Your penny Jar could be worth 20$

3) Partcipate in paid surveys

4) If you have truck you can use it for moving furniture

5) Cut your next restaurant trip

6) Tutoring -- Math

7) If you are good with any musical instrument, then

Submitted by A Goli on Wed, 09/15/2010 - 23:38

A Goli

( Posts: 7 | Credits: )

The number one answer has to be Ebay and/or Craigslist. You can make $20-$30 in one day if you dedicate yourself and time! You have endless items around your home that you can get $10-$100 for instantly! Sign up for Ebay, do a little research, make sure you look at complete auctions so you have a definite idea on the going price (you don't want to lose out on money), once you find an item that you know the going rate, list an auction with "buy it now" (fixed rate auction), require the buyer to pay immediately via paypal, list the auction for 1 to 3 days, BAM... You have yourself anywhere from $30-$100 (or more) within 1 to 3 days! Transfer that money from paypal to your bank account (make sure you leave money in paypal to cover your ebay fee's and the shipment cost) and there you go.... Easy as pie! You got yourself some extra money! Pay those bills off! Just listing a few items a week adds up fast! You can pay off that high interest credit card and once your all caught up - go on vacation with that extra money! It's time consuming but it's fun to see what your items are worth and you get much more money than at a yard sale! If you really do not have any items around the house (but believe me, there is always something to sell - think outside of the box)! You'd be amazed at the items people buy on ebay! But lets say you really have nothing around the house. Invest $10-$20 at your local yard sales, goodwill, consignment / thrift stores and find something you think you can make a profit off of. 99% of the time you can find loads of items to make a profit off of. I spent $20.00 the other weekend at a local flea market and made $200.00 off of the items I purchased! It rocks... I also just learned of a site called cardwoo .com, you can mail in gift cards that have a balance over $20.00 and they'll send you cash! There is another way to make a quick $20-$30 or more! Good luck and remember to think outside of the box! Oh, one more - you can send in cell phones and books for money! Just do a search on google and learn how to turn old cell phones and books into cash! I think I gave you about 3 or 4 ways to make quick money! Think I should be the monthly winner??? I do... LOL... Good luck everyone and get out there and get that easy money! Pay off those bills and get freedom finally! We all deserve it in this fast paced world. I hope everyone gets time to relax and do the things that really matter, spending time with loved ones and taking care of yourself! Take care!

Submitted by S Ledford on Thu, 09/16/2010 - 13:12

S Ledford

I recommend trying Blood Plasma Donation. Typically these outfits will pay $30-40 per donation. And you can donate about ever 3 days if you are healthy enough. Granted, the first visit can take forever and after sitting there for 3-4 hours, you hardly want to come back. However, follow-up donations are typically 1.5-2 hours because you don't have to go through all of the health history questions. They usually have tv's to keep you occupied, or bring a book. At 2 donations a week - that's an extra $60-80 in your pocket to help your income. And... it's tax free!

Submitted by AnnK on Fri, 09/17/2010 - 18:24

AnnK

According to me,there are 3 ways to earn $20-$30 fast, supposed to be is,
1.sell your valuable things through any safe website.those are itrested to sell that type of things.
Example- very rare picture(da vinci's unpublished picture) or very very demandable video but rare(last conferance of elbert ainstine).
2.post your opinion on any welknown public forum,those want public opinions for any matter.
3.make a free website by filled up with your personal choise(what u want to do through your website for earn money easily).
I think above 3way would be help you,to make not only $20-$30 money easily but also anyone can make a lot of money within a little time.

Submitted by Anirban sarkar on Wed, 09/22/2010 - 14:35

Anirban sarkar

The fastest way I???ve earned money is by working for a Day Labor Agency. The Day Labor company had all kinds of jobs - mostly physical labor. Since I was accustomed to working as an Executive working behind a desk I chose the job that was the least strenuous & served as a driver.

Since many of the guys were in some type of Drug rehab program or they just didn???t have transportation I was paid per head to drive them to their respective places of employment & pick them up a the end of the day.

At the end of the day we all got our individual checks for labor performed that day. Although it wasn???t that much money there is a certain emotional rush that comes over you knowing that I will get my money on the day I performed my work duties.

Submitted by Mark L Walden on Thu, 09/23/2010 - 11:41

Mark L Walden

I would collect used items around the home and have a yard sale. The items I would use are good working electronics, tools, kitchen wares, usable clothing, and other houseware goods. I have one pickup truck that is paid off and could be sold, if necessary. I have two other vehicles that are not paid for, but, might be sold for more than the loan amount.

Submitted by James Rowell on Thu, 09/23/2010 - 18:03

James Rowell