Skip to main content
index page

Did you succeed to save money on Halloween party?

Submitted by Vikas on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 00:15
Credits:
[Donate]

Did you arrange an exciting Halloween party on a smart budget? Explain how you did it.

No, didn't even make it to the Halloween Party. Spent all my money weeks before Halloween so pretty much gave up on celebrating Halloween.

I went to a 5-star hotel for cocktails the night of the Halloween. I had forgotten it was 31st October until I saw the decorations and dressed up, hyper people all around me.

I guess that's what debt does. It eats you up inside and makes you forget about even trying to cherish the little things of life.

Submitted by shahrina.5787 on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 20:48

shahrina.5787

( Posts: | Credits: )

Interesting question! Yes, I did save some dollars on the Halloween party. I didn't buy costumes from the stores. My mother is great at stitching. She made all the costumes for my kids. My children loved the costumes. So, did I. I had to buy a few things to organize the Halloween party. I purchased all the things online. I got 10% discount on my purchases, which in turn helped me to save money.

Submitted by nysajohnson on Sun, 11/11/2012 - 20:03

nysajohnson

( Posts: 2 | Credits: )

One of the first things I did in order to save money on my Halloween party was to send e-mail invitations to all the guests. Second, I kept the menu light and healthy by excluding alcoholic beverages and fast foods. Third, I used minimal decorations for the event. Finally, I bought local candies instead of Halloween candies.

Submitted by adamsarthur87 on Sun, 11/11/2012 - 20:32

adamsarthur87

( Posts: 9 | Credits: )

A great way to have an exciting halloween would be to look for candy on sale, and if you have a party to have everyone that is coming bring something with them, you can supply a few things but if you have the venue then if everyone else brings something, it is much less expense.

This year, we did not have a halloween party due to hurricane sandy which hit my area pretty hard. In the past we have invited people and had them bring their own things -- people enjoy sharing as well --

Submitted by chrissyhen1 on Mon, 11/12/2012 - 07:26

chrissyhen1

( Posts: 151 | Credits: )

I did not have one. Everyone had previous engagements and i had prior,early notices for cancellations for the event. So, i just did a walk through of the community with my 4-year old. It was very money saving. Did have to buy anything but a costume for her other halloween accessories. I also only put $10.00 in my car and drove her around to a couple of familiar places not in walking distance in the community.

Submitted by rkatrinna on Tue, 11/13/2012 - 10:30

rkatrinna

People with Turner Syndrome and their families are invited to join us for a Turner Syndrome Halloween Party from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12. Festivities will include dinner, discussion, and a costume/dance party! In addition, reproductive endocrinologist Dr. Nicole Budrys will offer a presentation on the role of adolescent gynecology in the management of Turner Syndrome

Submitted by karni307 on Sun, 11/25/2012 - 02:14

karni307

99 cent store! :-)
I made the side dishes and requested that guests bring their favorite meat to BBQ, and their choice of drink.
My decorations were all from the 99 cent store. I put light around my apt. window and lights & streamers in the patio area.
Guests wore costumes.
Everything looked great and everyone had a great time

Submitted by grratefulady on Sun, 11/25/2012 - 16:29

grratefulady