Skip to main content
index page

Sad Times

Submitted by Sassnlucy on Tue, 05/05/2009 - 06:23
Credits:
[Donate]

For those of you that remember me, you know what my screen name is-Sassy is my oldest dog, and Lucy is my middle dog.........Sassy died early Saturday morning of heart failure. :(

Thanks everyone. We are still having a hard time. Lucy seems to be taking it especially hard today. She wouldn't let me get ready for work because she just wanted to be held, and she whimpered and cried and wouldn't let me out the door this morning. I put Sassy's tigger pillow on my bed for her to sleep with. :(

Well we will be getting another one in a few months hopefully. I would rather have one sooner, but I spoke last night to the person we got Abbie from, and Abbie's mom was in heat last week so if she got pregnant she will have a litter in June. That will put us with getting a new baby around August I suppose so that is something to look forward to. :) It still won't take the pain away but it helps to know happier times will come.

Submitted by Sassnlucy on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 05:45

Sassnlucy

( Posts: 2698 | Credits: )

Oh Sass...how awsome. What a wonderful thing to look forward to. Mine doggie baby is so special to me becuase she was picked out for me (by hubby) the day after she was bborn, so he would go visit her and he knew she was mine. Anyway....Lucy will be ok, just keep giving her all the love and attention you can. THinking of you :hug:

Submitted by RoxyNY on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 06:07

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

Oh Sass ~ I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you love your babies, just like I do. When you said that your Sassy passed away, I had to go get my Sassy and hug her up. My Sassy is about 8 years old. Know that you are in my thoughts and that my heart hurts for you.

The new puppy will help and it will defintly keep you busy! When we last Belle last year and got Starr, well needless to say my life has not been dull!! That darn little cocker spaniel has a mind of her own and is so darn stubborn!!! She refuses to listen and does her own thing. She likes to grab and run...meaning she likes to get into things she is not suppose to(and she is sneaky) and then run up under my bed! sometimes the under my bed looks like a rats nest. See what you get to look forward to!!! hope I made you smile.

Take care my friend and if there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Karen

Submitted by 2nband on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 22:24

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )

Awww Sass I am sorry I am late on this! I feel your pain :cry: we are still trying to get over our loss last week. It will be ok, it's going to take Lucy some time but she will get better. My sons cat is still taking it hard. But the little one keeps bugging her so she really doesn't have time to rest lol. Maybe a play date for Lucy could be in the plans. We have dog parks here and most of them just love running around with the other dogs. It might lift her spirits a little.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you :rose:

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 06:06

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )