Skip to main content
index page

?? CashNet USA - OH Licensed

Submitted by Mamasita21 on Wed, 10/18/2006 - 10:45
Credits:
[Donate]

I sent CashNet USA a cease and desist letter on October 2, 2006 stating I am revoking the authorization for the ACH debit and explained my situation in detail. I offered payment arrangements and told them that the checking account will not accept any ACH debits cause it is in the process of being closed etc and explained a little more. I resent emails almost daily stating I do not authorize any ACH debits and my loan was due yesterday 10/17/06 but that I have every intention of paying them but payment arrangements will be need to made that can fit what I can afford and that in way I am avoiding paying them.
Well just now I receive this reply:

[quote]-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:41 PM
To: xxxxxxxx
Subject: Response to Your CashNetUSA Inquiry [Customer #xxxxxxxxxxx]

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

At this time the balance that is going to be owed on the account is $810.00. The funds have been sent over to your bank as of 10/17, and if returned there will be a $20 NSF added. The most that we can do at this time is 3 payments of $270.00. Payments can be made via Money Gram, Western Union, Credit/Debit Card, or ACH Withdraw. If you are unable to stick to those arrangments you can send the $50 biweekly, but collection activity will NOT stop.

Please contact our office as soon as possible to take care of the balance on the account.

Nicole
Collections Department
CashNetUSA
Phone: (888) 801-9078
Fax: (866) 326-5265
cashnetusa.com[/quote]

How can they do that even with a cease/desist letter? Let alone the original loan amout was $790 now its $810 where did the extra $20 come from? What can I do about this? Now the checking account that is trying to get closed will be overdrawn and the bank will impose more fees. I feel as if I will never get out of this. This is one of the two licensed pdl's that I am dealing with and I do not know what else to do.
Do I file a complain with the AG about them?
[/quote]

Mamasita...Since they are licensed, I'm afraid filing a complaint with your AG's office may fall on deaf ears. You can certainly do it, but they aren't doing anything illegal, and they are following ohio laws...I just had a chat with someone from there a few minutes ago.
It looks like you got hit with the $20 NSF fee since you revoked the debit.
I would try to work something out with them and pay them as much as you can. Unfortunately, the law is on their side this time.
The cease and desist doesn't apply to the original creditor, in this case it's cashnetusa...if they turn it over to a collector, then you can use that letter.

Submitted by erzeke1 on Wed, 10/18/2006 - 10:50

erzeke1

( Posts: 1145 | Credits: )

Thanks...I offered them for the time being $50 twice a month by money order or bank check in my reply and that additional funds become available I will send but that I need an account summary after each payment towards the $810. They wanted a money gram or credit card payment which I told them no to both, I am already in debt I don't need to keep adding to it.

It sucks when your debt is higher than your income and I don't want to file bankruptcy so I am trying to work with all my creditors since the majority of debt consolidations I spoke too say they can't help me. Now I am just trying to find pt work but its hard cause my time varies each day after work some days I have to work late some days I don't but I have to stay positive otherwise I will seriously go postal on myself - if I could kick my own ass I would. LOL

Submitted by Mamasita21 on Thu, 10/19/2006 - 07:44

Mamasita21

( Posts: 99 | Credits: )

CashNetUSA (not to be confused with CashNet500) is an unusual creature for an internet lender. They have obtained licenses in most of the states where such licenses are available, only lend to borrowers in the states where they are licensed and follow local laws when they do so. Unless you can cite a specific violation of Ohio or federal law (i.e., if an overl;y aggressive collector made unlawful threats) this isn't a lender with whom an AG or DFI complaint makes sense. Having said this, all lenders have to weigh the costs of collecting on a loan against the benefits of accepting a bona fide settlement offer, including CashNetUSA. So there are ways to work out this situation amicably without accepting their proposal on a "take-it or leave-it" basis.

Submitted by Marcia Brady's Lovechile on Sat, 10/21/2006 - 20:01

Marcia Brady's Lovechile

( Posts: 59 | Credits: )

Mamasita21:

I read somewhere that the most anyone can attempt to debit your account if the payment keeps being rejected is three times. If they attempt more than that, you can complain to your bank. Check with them about that.

I currently have a loan out with CashNetUSA, also. They told me that the best they could do was to break it into three payments. I told them that was no help to me. They informed me, "The fees will keep increasing unless you agree to either paying it in full, in two payments or in three." I told them I just couldn't come up with it, and we basically ended the conversation on that note. Another person called a couple days later. I told her the same thing. I told her the best I could do was $50 every two weeks. She said, "Well, I can't really say yes to it, but go ahead and send it in, and they might be willing to work with you." So it'd be worth a try.

It ended up I was not even able to even do that. (That story is under the post, "Lawyer garnishing wages plus debiting my bank account." ) When another person from CashNetUSA called, I told her I couldn't possibly send anything in at this time, that 25% was going for garnishment, 20% for taxes, and the rest trying to support myself and my three sons. I told her the best I could do was after the garnishment ended, I would then be able to send $100 to $200 a month and if I had any extra before that, I would send it in. She agreed to that but told me she couldn't stop the collection calls, that those would continue, but just to tell them what I told her.

I think you would probably get farther talking to someone on the phone rather than e-mails. Good luck.

Submitted by dbaker6 on Sat, 10/21/2006 - 20:24

dbaker6

( Posts: 1600 | Credits: )

Can they keep adding additional fees? I thought for OH they couldn't can someone provide/send me to where this information is at? Thanks.

Thanks for the informaiton everyone, it has been very helpful. My first payment to them goes out next week like I stated to them since I could not afford the total debt amount broken down into 2/3 payments. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you posted.

Submitted by Mamasita21 on Tue, 10/24/2006 - 08:00

Mamasita21

I forgot to ask this question. When I took out the loan with CashNet USA on 9/11/06 the agreement was through The Check Giant, LLC dba Cash Net USA but as of 9/18/06 they were bought by Cash American International Inc. The loan was due 10/17/06.

From their website:
Quote:

Proud to announce to cashnetusa customers
As of Sept. 18th 2006, CashNetUSA has been acquired and is a subsidiary of Cash America International. Cash America International, Inc. (NYSE: CSH) is a publicly traded company providing financial services to individuals in over 896 storefront locations. The backing of a strong publicly traded company like Cash America will help CashNetUSA continue enhancing current services and offerings to our customers and further establish our place as a leader in online short-term lending solutions.
CashNetUSA online services will continue as you know them today without any changes.

In OH, the Check Giant LLC is licensed but not Cash America International.

Who do I owe the money to now? The Check Giant LLC or Cash America International? With existing loans through TCGLLC are they now owned by CAI?

I????????m confused on this one.

Submitted by Mamasita21 on Tue, 10/24/2006 - 08:24

Mamasita21

Hi Mamasita.

I'm not sure about who you would send it to. I would call and find out. I would do as Mishele says, though - keep track of your payments. Also, they stopped tacking more fees on mine. I owe the principal plus the original interest they were going to charge (I talked to someone there today), so hang in there. If you're willing to make payments, I think they'll work with you, regardless of what they say at first.

Submitted by dbaker6 on Tue, 10/24/2006 - 14:53

dbaker6

( Posts: 1600 | Credits: )

Talked to CashNet USA yesterday and re-explained my situation and they agreed to the payment terms. I told Evon that I had email correspondence with Nicole from the collections department regarding this and that it was agreed via email to. She was really nice and that was so good to hear because I was expecting things to go South. LOL

She also explained the collection activity and how it will not stop. Meaning the collection calls even though I have a payment arrangement and if they end up selling my account whatever amount I have paid will go towards the prinicipal and no further fees will incur. Which was good to know cuz I was thinking the opposite. Now not sure when they plan on selling the account but she was just going through her speal and explaining it to me. And under the new name they are still licensed in OH, which I could not find on OH website. I just found the Check Giant name...

Submitted by Mamasita21 on Fri, 10/27/2006 - 12:36

Mamasita21

i have a loan with them too and i am in missouri. i have made one payment but really cannot afford another. i was going to try to stop payment at my bank. is thia possibly and what will happen? i cant hardle pay any other bills and get food and groceries.

Submitted by tammylauthern on Wed, 01/03/2007 - 20:34

tammylauthern

( Posts: 5 | Credits: )

i got a loan out with cashnet usa. i didn't hoave the available funds. i just got a call from my bank saying i owe then over $100. is there any way to get out of this? i tried calling the number i have for the cashnet usa, but it gives me a busy signal each time.

Submitted by on Tue, 01/09/2007 - 09:24

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Do not apply any personal or any other information to any account for loans or any cash advances you may have started or already applyed to.i am canceling out any request, for any loans or cash advances as of 4/8/07 @ 12:20 pm thank you personal info. Removed for your safety! Cajunbulldog

Submitted by on Sun, 04/08/2007 - 12:44

I also am going threw the cashnetusa collection experience. I only have savings account,but it is overdrawn by $92.00. because of $35 a crack NSF fees from my bank, everytime cashnetusa, trys to take money out of my account.

They were taking out $169 a month. Then I told them I lost my job and could not make the payment this month.
first they tried taking out $169 (-$35 NSF fee) then 2 days later they tried taking out 2 seperate amounts of $88.00 (-$35 NSF fee Times 2)

Can they just keep trying to take thes ACH debt payments from my SAVINGS account?

Submitted by jimmayor007 on Mon, 10/01/2007 - 18:13

jimmayor007

( Posts: | Credits: )

I am also in Collections with CashNet USA. I told them that I am unable to pay the rest of the loan. I have already paid $1100 and change on an $800 loan and they say I owe them $1000. I am in Florida. They also called one of the references I put on my original application. What can I do to stop them?

Submitted by on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 10:12