Skip to main content
index page

Can they sue me?

Submitted by on Sat, 11/18/2006 - 17:07
Credits:
[Donate]

I have gone with HessKennedy and I am now being sued from one of the card companies will they help me. I am paying them almost $400.00 a month.Babry

Of course a credit card company can SUE you. Heck, I was in a debt settlement program and got THREE Warrants in Debt!

To be quite honest, your best bet is that if your in default of your credit card account, you should contact your creditor and see what programs THEY have and in most cases they give you anywhere from 0% to 8 % interest with a fixed payment every month.

My settlement company screwed me royally and I am now in worse shape then when I started. So much so that I had to declare chapter 13!

Submitted by on Sat, 11/18/2006 - 20:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I've heard mixed reviews on Hess Kennedy. You will need to contact your creditor before this goes to court and see if you can make a payment arrangement with them. Explain the circumstances and I'm sure they would be willing to work with you. I was with a debt settlement company too but just ended my relationship with them. I'm going to try things on my own for awhile. I've made one settlement with one account already. It will be paid in full next month. I am working with another creditor now to see what they can do for me. My credit has had a bad hit while I was in debt settlement and I'm no further ahead either.

Submitted by Cow & Chicken on Sun, 11/19/2006 - 08:49

Cow & Chicken

( Posts: 3571 | Credits: )

I called hess kennedy and they told me if I tell the court and there attorney that I am in debt settlement they will not sue me. Ijust now sent the papers to our court and the credit card co. lawyer. My husband is very upset about this and I thought that an attorneys office would be a good bet,but now I am not so sure.

Submitted by on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 14:43

I have been paying hess-kennedy for almost 5 month. They never..never return mycalls,,they have not sent any letters to my creditors..nothing is being done at this time..i am writibg while they have me on hold..three people have told me that they will be right back..55 minites so far.. I am thinking about termination with this so-called- attorney..and go on my own...jim watson very pissed-off client

Submitted by on Thu, 12/14/2006 - 13:54

Mishele,

I did not know you dropped out of your settlement program. If you don't mind me asking, what prompted you to do so? I just settled my first acct thru the settlement company and it is great. I have 7 more to go. I have mixed concerns on wether or not I can settle on my own or not.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/15/2006 - 08:59

I foolishly believed that Hess Kennedy Company of Coral Springs, Florida, could help reduce my indebtedness. They telemarket debt relief services and I allowed them to suck $543.00 out of my bank account and they have NEVER contacted my creditors in over two(2) months time. Their total inaction and lack of ethics forced me to pay double. This explains why they also have an office in the Cayman Islands! They are one of many telemarketing and mail order scams who promise much over the phone but deliver only faithlessness and loss. If you want to keep your money, just refuse to accept unbelievable sounding services and favors over the telephone! (Hess Kennedy Company will not call you back as promised, either...)

Submitted by on Fri, 02/23/2007 - 18:54

I am a student and received a summons but I work at a very low paying job. And I got behind in my payments, and was unemployed for awhile. And I sure don't have the money for a lawyer, or legal fees. I would appreciate any help or advice offered.

Thanks, Nancy Young

Submitted by on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 17:01