Skip to main content
index page

Someone has stolen my identity and is appling for credit!

Submitted by on Fri, 12/22/2006 - 14:40
Credits:
[Donate]

THD/CBSD
Bank Credit Cards
12/19/2006

My identity was stolen and I saw an inquiry from your company. It is fradulent.
My name is Robert *. ******. I did not apply for any credit of anykind from anyone.
You can reach me at 760 ***-****

Last name and phone number removed for your safety - Mike

Zee, you have reached a debt forum. We discuss different types of debt that we have and get/give advice on how to deal with this debt. I am sorry that your identity was stolen. I take it you have notified the police? This is an open forum, so it's best not to give any personal information here. I see that you have registered. There are different posts about identity theft that you can read and maybe get some ideas on what to do. I can imagine how stressful this is for you. If we can help in any way, please let us know.

Submitted by dbaker6 on Fri, 12/22/2006 - 14:57

dbaker6

( Posts: 1600 | Credits: )

Do you have a fraud alert activated with the credit bureaus? Anything suspicious will be immediately known to the bureaus and legal actions will be taken against the thief who was opening suspicious in your name.

Contact the credit company and show your papers to prove the identity theft. Show the affidavit the local sheriff gave after you reported the identity theft. Seeing the papers, the creditor will be able to erase this debt suspiciously opened in your name.

Submitted by aciotsf on Fri, 12/22/2006 - 15:05

aciotsf

( Posts: 511 | Credits: )

I am so sorry that happened to you! It's really becoming a serious problem. This happened to one of the managers in my office. Her Nordstrom's Credit Card was stolen and someone ordered a coat--and sent it to my manager's house!!!
Either this is a case of America's stupidest criminals or just pathetic, I don't know...

Submitted by kscornell on Sat, 12/23/2006 - 19:13

kscornell

( Posts: 4407 | Credits: )