Skip to main content
index page

CashNet500 not a lender?

Submitted by DebtFairy on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 00:29
Credits:
[Donate]

I'm working with a debt counselor right now to get my loans taken care of. In the process of doing some research, I typed in CashNet500's URL and I get a page for Payday-Loan-Yes. Right in the middle of the page, there's a message that says CashNet500 is not a lender.

When I took out the loan, CashNet500's page came up. Can someone fill me in on what is going on with CashNet500? Did they sell out to another company or simply change their name and website appearance?

I just called the # that Cashnet500 had (800)654-7444 and it said "welcome to payday-loan-yes. I called the # that was on the website which was (800)550-6051 and it said the same thing. I also noticed on Cashnet500's website that it said not a lender. I don't know what is going on with them. Maybe they've had so many complaints with the AG's office, they decided they better change their name real quick. I used to have a lady named Liz's ext#. If I can find it, I'll dial the number and see if she answers.

Submitted by brownsugar on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 14:15

brownsugar

( Posts: 1389 | Credits: )

Okay, I just went to the BBB website and typed in the phone# that was on the contact page, which was (800)550-6051 and it pulled up some name of "quick cash." The address it gave was very near the one of Global Financial in Delaware.

I typed in paydayloanyes on the BBB website and their address is very near Cashnet500 in Murray, UT. This is odd, but I would say that Cashnet500 and paydayloanyes and one in the same.

Submitted by brownsugar on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 14:24

brownsugar

( Posts: 1389 | Credits: )

Murray huh? We've got to get these PDL's out of this state. The legislature's failure to get rid of PDL's is bringing them here in swarms. I checked with the Dept. of Commerce. CashNet500 and Payday-Loan-Yes are not registered here. I do remember the Global page when I first got the loan and the CSR I spoke with the other night said to make the payment to USA Global. There's some sort of affiliation. If I recall, Global is registered in Delaware.

Submitted by DebtFairy on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 16:35

DebtFairy

( Posts: 402 | Credits: )

I dealt with this company in 2005. I remember the guy I talked to was a Tim Atkins. I sent them a cease and desist letter and they never asked for money again. The lady I talked to was Jenine

1-800-654-7444

x847

Submitted by pjblake on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 17:05

pjblake

( Posts: 40 | Credits: )

Sounds like we have some common threads showing up here. My concern is that because they've been in trouble before, they may be trying to joint venture with PDLs that are licensed to do business in each state and backdoor their way back into the industry.

Can someone send me the address in Murray? Murray is a bedroom community near where I live. If I can get a physical address, I want to drive by to see if its another PDL.

Submitted by DebtFairy on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 18:02

DebtFairy

Interesting. Well, they won't be around long. Department of Corporations doesn't have a registration for them. I know where they're located. The building is a large office building that leases office space to various businesses. Building is closed now. I'll try to see there's access tomorrow or I'll have my daughter stop by on Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Submitted by DebtFairy on Fri, 01/05/2007 - 18:22

DebtFairy

I did a drive by while doing errands today. The building of the Murray address was closed so I couldn't get inside. The board listing the businesses outside had two listings that I thought might be part of CashNet500 aka Payday-Loan-Yes but when I got home I found that Dept of Commerce showed them in different suites. I'll have my daughter go to the actual suite on Monday and pretend to be lost when she gets to the suite. I suspect this suite is an office share situation. Either that, or someone is paying to use the address as their business address.

Submitted by DebtFairy on Sat, 01/06/2007 - 16:14

DebtFairy

I have a darress for Reno NV for Leads Global which is cash net and cash2day4you. This was adreass that my Ag received. KYSIDE38

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Sat, 01/06/2007 - 17:34

KYSIDE38

( Posts: 2477 | Credits: )

They are pretty bad to work with. The supervising examinor for my state (the guy in charge of pdl's) called and talked to Tim on my behalf. I was told all Tim did was fight and lie.

But they did stop calling me, and I haven't heard anything from them since that day. They haven't tried to collect at all.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Thu, 04/05/2007 - 08:39

goudah2424

( Posts: 7935 | Credits: )

If a Mr. Hatton calls for you, DO NOT deal with him. He called looking for someone at their business, and when he was told we do not accept solicitation calls he got defensive and said it wasn't solicitation. So I asked what it was in reference to and he paused and asked for the person by last name... Yep that clever. When I asked again what it was for he said it was a matter of Jury Duty. Then he gave me this number 1-800-654-7444 ext. 612. Just wanted to warn people about this man, lyers are terrible people to do business with.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/28/2010 - 06:53

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

so this company today called and it was a Middle eastern guy on the phone when I told we had the attorney general involved he got very pissed off and started threatening me and my family he said " I have your address I am gonna Rape your wife " and "I will kill your whole family" in which I laughed hard at which seem to piss him off even more so I hung up the phone and he has continually Called non stop for the last 2 hours finally we changed our phone number

Submitted by on Wed, 01/12/2011 - 12:48

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )