ph: 866-387-5028
fax: 949-861-9340
[email]james@debtxpert.com[/email]

more info on sifxpert

put in address bar

linkedin.com/pub/5/798/2b5

[email]jamlom561@yahoo.com[/email]
debtxpert.com

I just read thru his site. Why are people paying ridiculous fees to outside parties to save 20-40? Most CA's will settle for that and more just by asking!!! 50% settlements were standard at the agency I worked at in the credit card division...with client permission they could do 75%.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 11:03

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

I know for me I really didn't know anything about settling debt, thus the reason I went with someone. Unfortunately, that person wasn't to be trusted. So, now I have a bunch of charged off accounts and need to deal with the CA's directly.

Submitted by on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 12:49

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Charged off only means that they stopped carrying the balance on their books. It doesn't have anything to do with who owns the account. Whether the OC can take an account back or not depends on whether they are merely using a CA to collect a debt that is still owned by them (the OC) or whether they actually sold the account to the CA (and the account is now owned by the CA).

Submitted by alias1958 on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 15:26

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

I would definitely ask who owns the account. Our Washington Mutual accounts were sent to a collection agency, and when the CA called me, I asked them who owned the account. They told me that WM still owned the account and had assigned it to them for collection. I had an account with Amex that was sent to a CA and once I sent a CD to the CA, Amex pulled the account back from them.

Submitted by alias1958 on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 17:55

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

just to clear my perspective on things, I met with James today at my rental. I don't want my comments previously to be construed as defamation, but he has suggested that there is some smear-campaign to negatively impact him in this business. He is good standing with me for now and he seems intent to clear his name. I perhaps overreacted to what I read on these boards, but admittedly it is troubling trying to contact him at times. I hope he clears matters with those concerned.

Thanks,
John
(phone number removed)

Submitted by on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 10:45

Well, his rent was due 9/1 and he went on radio silence again and didn't fulfill his obligation to me after trusting he would follow through as promised. I am not sure of his personal reasons, but I am not comfortable seeing my address all over these boards due to his lack of responsibility/accountability to me and apparently to you as well. This is all very frustrating and stressful.

Submitted by on Thu, 09/04/2008 - 17:34

Why would anyone want to believe Barrow (John)? James was fired from another debt settlement company because he stole fromt he clients and would disappear for a month at a time. He came to your rental? Does he rent from you? He has lied about so many things to us what makes you think that he is not lying now? He is a professional liar, how do you think he gets such low settlement rates? If he can not make his rent, then that is his problem! It is certainly not ours! Heck I can't make my rent, I do not steal it from my clients. Grab your ears and pull your head out of your @$$!

How can you still be sucked in. Look I understand you may like him but don't try to tell us he is a good man. I have done my checking. I have made the phone calls. I am keeping most of what he has done to myself for now. All I will say is that he has more problems then just what you know about.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/05/2008 - 06:33