Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 14
Credits: 0

Is it possible to revoke ACH authorization on legal CSO's and PDL's in Texas to stop the withdraws from your bank account so that you can have some barganing leverage?

ACH withdrawals are voluntary and can be revoked at anytime.
Requiring them as the only form of payment accepted is a violation of Federal Law.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:05

Frogpatch Frogpatch
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 5382 | Credits: )

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I read the article that you recommended and found it quite helpful.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:12

dbruce7 dbruce7

(Posts: 14 | Credits: )

According to the electronic funds transfer act, you can revoke ANY type of ACH or otherwise. Just give them PDL/CSO written notice once the account is closed.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:13

jenoliver33 jenoliver33

(Posts: 56 | Credits: )

Does the written notice need to be by registered mail or can it be by fax????

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:25

dbruce7 dbruce7

(Posts: 14 | Credits: )

It is always best to use registered mail. Faxes get tossed by accident or on purpose all the time. In my office I am constantly picking up other peoples faxes

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:33

Frogpatch Frogpatch
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 5382 | Credits: )

Is it legal for a bank to refuse to accept an ACH Notice of Revocation of Authorization Agreement?

Sub: #6 posted on Thu, 09/18/2008 - 17:23


What if you can't get an ACH Revocation agreement?

Sub: #7 posted on Wed, 08/26/2009 - 10:46


the letter is in the do-it-yourself section,and the watch out for section of this can customize and print it out.

Sub: #8 posted on Wed, 08/26/2009 - 10:50

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

No its not legal for the bank to not allow you to stop a preauthorized ACH.

[quote]Regulation E

Sec. 205.10 Preauthorized

(c) Consumer's right to stop payment--(1) Notice. A consumer may stop payment of a preauthorized electronic fund transfer from the consumer's account by notifying the financial institution orally or in writing at least three business days before the scheduled date of the transfer.[/quote]

If your bank doesn't allow you , file a compliant with the The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 08/27/2009 - 06:39

mobile0311 mobile0311
(Posts: 1817 | Credits: )

Does anyone know if these laws have changed?

I have 2 or 3 companies that continue putting transactions through on one of my accounts. I've sent them letters revoking ACH authorization, requesting debt validation, etc, and have been 110% ignored. Today I called my bank, Bank of America, to talk to their fraud people about disputing these transactions because they are wracking up overdraft fees.

So what they tell me is that they can only dispute transactions that have actually posted, not transactions that were not processed due to insufficient funds. What????

I said "So even if they're operating illegally, there's nothing you can do to dispute these transactions?"

She replies "Yes, unfortunately the only thing we can do is get the vendor to admit they're processing these in error".

Long story short, unless the companies debiting my account admit to Bank of America that these transactions were in error. WTF? They're literally telling me that the second you give a company your checking information, they're welcome to try robbing you as much as they want to, as long as the transaction doesn't go through. They told me if I can't work it out with the vendor, I should call a lawyer.

Does anyone have specific legal code I can cite? It seems like there's something very wrong with this. I've talked to 3 different people at the bank and they're all telling me the same thing.

Sub: #10 posted on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 06:49


Page loaded in 0.882 seconds.