Skip to main content
index page

Need credit card consolidation help without hurting my credit score

Submitted by on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 21:08
Credits:
[Donate]

I don't want to ruin my credit rating. I just want all of my credit cards' debt on one loan so I can pay it off.

We are not a lender, but typically if you want to take out a debt consolidation loan, you would be looking at a secured loan such as a home equity loan. Many people recommend against turning unsecured debt (credit cards) into secured debt (home equity loan) because if you later find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay the loan, then you could lose the property that is securing the loan (your house).

You could also consider a debt management plan. That is done through a non-profit consumer credit counseling agency. A notation appears on your credit reports while you are in the program but then is removed from your reports once you finish the program. It doesn't affect your credit score. The total payment amount would probably be around the same thing that you are paying now, but they would probably be able to get your interest rates reduced so that your balances would be paid off sooner. Check out nfcc.org to find one in your area.

Submitted by alias1958 on Wed, 08/13/2008 - 16:08

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )