Skip to main content
index page

How get refund for debt paid to collection that was'nt owe?

Submitted by on Sat, 08/16/2008 - 11:10
Credits:
[Donate]

How do I get a refund back for money paid via the title company for a debt I did not owe. We were closing on property and this debt appeared on credit report with no name, other than 'financial control'. The HUD statement included this per the lender, but no time to investigate. The debt had to be from a debt collector otherwise the name of the company would have been clear other than 'financial control'. How do I get this off my credit and how do I get a refund.

I don't think it will be easy to get a refund from a collection agency, but can you find out exactly where the title company sent the money to? If they deducted money from you, they had to have sent it somewhere. That might give you a starting point at least.

As far as getting it off of your credit report, since it has now been paid by the title company, it should now show as paid on your report. You could try disputing it and maybe the CA wouldn't bother to verify it, especially since they have now been paid. If they don't verify it, then it should get removed from your credit report.

Submitted by alias1958 on Sat, 08/16/2008 - 12:43

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )