Skip to main content
index page

Capital One Bank

Submitted by chilipeppershake61 on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 11:29
Credits:
[Donate]

Husband was served a summons by Capital One Bank on from a lawyer out of San Diego. Any advice? If we settle before 30 days will they really file a dismissal with the courts?

Would have to agree with nascardevil, Cap 1 came after me and they had every piece of paper I signed. They did settle after my lawyer threatened to go Chapter 7.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:08

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I live in California and I don't know that he ever made a payment? They are offering a settlement and I'm hoping they follow through and dismiss the case with the courts. My husband is not listed on my bank account.

Submitted by chilipeppershake61 on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:21

chilipeppershake61

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

It's a lawyer with a credit bureau in San Diego. I looked him up with the California Bar and he is indeed a lawyer. This lawyer is named on the summons. Thanks I will look him up on annual credit report.com and I think it was an credit card offer he got over the phone. He says he never really signed anything?

Submitted by chilipeppershake61 on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:32

chilipeppershake61

Oh he knows he has to pay, I just hope once he sets up an agreement that they dismiss the case and not go through the courts. And I want to make sure they don't go after my bank account especially because it's not my debt. So as long as he's never been named on my bank account am I OK?

Submitted by chilipeppershake61 on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:40

chilipeppershake61