Skip to main content
index page

My dealings with CTC

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 14:29
Credits:
[Donate]

Without getting into too much background...I had a pdl with CTC which is now part of my dmp. Before I officially started on my dmp, I sent a notarized revocation of wage assignment to CTC certified/return receipt. The company handling my dmp also sent these documents. After I mailed my revocation, I notified my payroll department that the wage assignment was voluntary and had been revoked and that CTC might still try to contact them.

About a week after I sent the letter, I received the card back in the mail with an illegible signature indicating it had been received by someone. Then, last week the postman left me a notice saying I had certified mail to pickup, and upon investigation I discovered this is the letter I sent to CTC marked as "Refused" ???

They continue to call me everyday, either my cell or at work. On instruction from my dmp company, I do not answer their calls. However, "Anthony" continues to leave messages. I informed my dmp company that he continues to call and they were just as confused as I was, because when they spoke to CTC they indicated that they would comply no problem and would not continue to contact me.

Last week, the messages left by "Anthony" got a little weird. He would say things like "This is regarding our discussion from yesterday" or "I need to verify some information from our earlier discussion." When I told my dmp company this, they said they didn't have any record of him calling them.

Do I assume that he's just an idiot who doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman (my debt counselor is a man, and that is the only one who he might have had a discussion with when they called him) or do I worry that he has tracked down my payroll department?

I work for the federal goverment so my payroll is nearly a separate entity, and frankly, not the brightest bulbs in the box. I honestly worry that some idiot over there will proceed wiith the wage assignment even though they were told it was revoked and normally, as a federal govt. employer, should only respond to garnishments issued by legal authorities.

I know these are two different issues...I'm just so confused. I tend to be a worrier anyway, and I really can't afford to have some idiot give CTC my entire paycheck.

Cash Transfer Center is very difficult. I did not think they worked with dmp's. If you have already informed the payroll department that the wage assignment was voluntary and that you revoked assignment that should be enough for them. Your payroll department should send you some type of notification before the start garnishing your wages anyway. Also you may want to check the laws to determine how much of your check can get garnished and for what reason. I would think they would do some investigation before the start garnishing wages. Make copies of the items you sent to them and the refusal from them to give to the payroll department

I would not get worked up over the situation with CTC, if you perform a search on this site. You will see that alot of have dealt with this company.
They basically want you to pay them. Just do not let them into your bank account any more.

Submitted by bdouble on Wed, 08/27/2008 - 14:26

bdouble

( Posts: 354 | Credits: )