Skip to main content
index page

Does it lower my credit score if I go for a debt reduction plan?

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 16:04
Credits:
[Donate]

will it lower my credit score?

After doing much research, just want you to know that I am not an expert but rather just a debt settlement customer. It is from my research that anything you do will affect your report or score it is what you are willing to accept. Just do your research. When I started the debt settlement process my score did not drop that much if any because I was already late with the payments. But the company that I chose is helping with credit clean up. Just be sure you are knowing fully what you are getting into, and do your own research on the company or person that you are speaking with.

Submitted by mel-ben on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 17:48

mel-ben

( Posts: 17 | Credits: )

I was only late for a 1.5 month, Bank of America is already sending me a letter to threaten me about legal actions.

Here it is:We recently received your letter requesting that we no longer contact you about above reference acct. We understand that you prefer not to receive calls, and we will honor your request. However, please understand that if we do not receive a payment of $259 by August 26 2008. We may refer your to outside counsel for legal proceedings. This may result in legan action against you.

Do you guys receive this when you enter a debt settlement program?

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 18:50

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I was only late for a 1.5 month, Bank of America is already sending me a letter to threaten me about legal actions.

Here it is:We recently received your letter requesting that we no longer contact you about above reference acct. We understand that you prefer not to receive calls, and we will honor your request. However, please understand that if we do not receive a payment of $259 by August 26 2008. We may refer your to outside counsel for legal proceedings. This may result in legan action against you.

Do you guys receive this when you enter a debt settlement program?

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 18:50

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )