Skip to main content
index page

C&D letter

Submitted by leenyod40 on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 16:12
Credits:
[Donate]

First of all I want to thank all on here for alot of good info. I had posted before with not too many responses, but i really need some advice now my bank won't let me close my account till i have a positive balance, but they said they could freeze it till i can pay the nsf's. and close it out, the manager took all the info on my pdl's. cashnet's deposit was returned also paydayloan-yes was i need to know since cashnet is legal if i need to send them a C&D letter or should i call them to make payment arrangements. They tried to make 2 more ach's yesterday again and they were also returned.

You can send them a cease and desist letter but due to the fact that they are the original creditor they don't have to abide by it, by law, that only applies to 3rd party collectors. I sent one anyways, and it worked for me, I credit that to the fact that some of the pdl's I was involved with didn't know the laws. Have you revoked ACH authorization, if not, you need to do that with both places. Let them know you will make payments via USPS with money orders, request a good physical mailing address to send your payments. The legal ones might try to work out a payment plan for you via email, explain your situation, it doesn't hurt to try and you should remain proactive with the legal ones.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 16:50

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Thanks for the info shazzers. No i didn't revoke ach authorization should i do that in my C&D letter, and how should i send it. i also have an ach with payday one hitting on the 15th & i know it will be returned should i send them letters before the payment bounces back or wait.I've already sent letters via e-mail to paydayloan-yes, united cash loans, payday max, since my bank said they would freeze the account.Do i need to send them certified mail to? Paydayloan-yes keeps sending me e-mails to contact them by phone.lol i could not get ahold of them before my payment was sent back they just kept debiting my acct and i could not access their web site either. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP. LEENY

Submitted by leenyod40 on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 17:13

leenyod40

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )