Share post
member profile picture

I just got home from a trip my neighbor was given a summons for me to appear in civil court for I am being sued for past account, my neighbor told the server she was not the person being served he stated "so what give it to her "
. I am currently working with a credit repair company as of today's date there is no public or derogatory marks on my report. I am not sure what to do.

Discuss this with the credit repair company you're working with.
Make sure you verify the account and check out the SOL.
You can try to settle the debt.
However, don't ignore the summons.
If required, seek help from a lawyer.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 07/25/2018 - 05:27

Ryan Miller Ryan Miller

(Posts: 249 | Credits: )

I wish the credit repair company is an authentic one in your case. Well, don't ignore the summons, contact a lawyer and take the right step. If you have money in hand, you can settle the debts. Try to pay the lump sum while settling the debts.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 07/26/2018 - 05:54

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

You were not properly served....I would suggest looking up the rules of civil procedure for your state. Does your neighbor live at your home? Generally substitute service can only be at your home ...neighbor is a defect of service.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 07/26/2018 - 17:12

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.277 seconds.